Sign in to follow this  

I have added crows, gulls and eagles to a scenery with IS3. How can I add sounds? I remember hearing gull sounds in some FSX scenery.  I'd like to add the gulls, eagles, crows and parrots sounds. Is there any way? I can add .wav sounds if none are available in FSX already but I don't know how to put them in FSX. Bob.

This can be done through placing an effect.

Check out the SDK section on effects here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526969.aspx

In your FSX effects folder, all the sound creating effects start with sfx_.

You will want to place the effect as a scenery object: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526978.aspx#Scenery_Objects

If you need any help, let me know. (I think you can place effects with ADE as well)

Hi David. Thanks.

I have been able to add crow and gull sounds that work in a particular great scenery. The sound repeats too quickly. I'd like it to stop for a short time and then have it repeat. The sound is on repeatedly. I did not like the default gulls sound as it has a background harbor sound in addition to the gull sounds. I made my own gull.wav.I am placing my gulls away from the harbor.

I can add the bgl to my scenery and the sounds play OK. My problem is that I used IS3 to place the birds. When I do the birds show up fine and sound OK but the tree scenery at the end of my runway is deleted. I wrote to the scenery author asking for any help but have not yet heard back.Any help sure would be appreciated. I am new at this.  Bob.

The quick fix for the sounds is to edit the wav file. Add some silence to the end and it will do as you require.

For the tree scenery, is it autogen trees? If so then you need to set IS3 to "do not supress autogen". Been a while since I used IS so I can't tell you where the option is but it should be in there somewhere. Whenever you place a scenery object FSX will clear autogen automatically so you need to specifically tell FSX not to do this.

www.antsairplanes.com

Hi Anthony. Thanks. Great advice. I just bought IS3 and am learning it. I appreciate your input as well as Davids. I'll try what you both suggested. Bob.