Sign in to follow this  
Miika91

FSX startup problem

Good Afternoon guys! so i need your help with my problem in my FSX. The game is working the way you normally would to play game but the problem is that when I try to start the game, A window labeled text --> error "Scenery read error: Attempting to open a nonexistent directory: C/program files(x86)/microsoft flight simulator X/Texture" Okay if i got some scenery error? where i can find that correct file to edit or remove my computer? and those files is pretty much that folder about 17,500 files there.... so need help this one! and when you push the button to OK its start to loading game but then its coming error text window --> A Fatal Error Occurred, and the game will stop and crash. Windows say its trying to start again the game but same windows coming and errors..... I am already try it to clean logbook.bin file, nothin happend? and second one i try is that download UIAutomationcore file but not helped! So where is the problem and what i can do? i need yours help for fix it this problem. Ps. if this is somewhere wrong place please move this topic right place thanks a lot guys! and Cheers! for helping me.

Best Regards Miika

Hi Miika,

first off, by what you are posting, you have installed FSX under C.\Program files(x86), which by itself is never the right thing to do. To run FSX with no issues, it should be best installed into the root direcotry, like under C, by first creating a folder that you name whatever you like, like FSX, Microsfot Flight Simulator X. This way you'll have C:\FSX. Once this is done, when you install FSX, you can choose where you want to install it, and you just point the installer to the FSX folder you created.

The issue you're having is likely due to a missing file/files for textures that FSX needs to properly start. The UIAutomationcore file you installed has nothing to do with missing files or folders. Unless you deleted the files, the problem could be due to an improper installation, where some files were corrupted or not installed correctly.

My suggestion: uninstall FSX, and install it under C:\FSX, but first, make sure you disable User Account Control in Windows, and possibly Windows Defender. Until you do this, FSX will never run or open, there are some files missing. Maybe you could try a repair with the original DVDs, but I do not suggest you do that.

Enrico

Hello Enrico thanks you answer! oo right but if i am right? i am already installed FSX in C root. I just remember that, couple weeks ago i download some scenery files to FSX is was something new airport... maybe this will error game? yeah and that uninstall is last choise. I got a lot of add-ons in my FSX i mean a lot... so i have to also installed those again?

BR.Miika

Did you start having problems after installing those scenery files? Is it a payware or freeware software?

As for your question regardings all the add ons you have and whether you must reinstall them or not, you can try and save the folders where they are downloaded, and just add them back whenever you decide to install FSX again. What I would do, is get rid of all the scenery files you downloaded before you started to have issues, and see if FSX opens up correctly. If that does not work, I am afraid a new install is on the way....

Enrico

Hey Enrico! yeah that problem start when i download freeware software scenery to my computer... but i am not sure which one is the correct file there?.... hmm let see...

BR.Miika

Hello again! So i make Reinstallion for FSX and now its work to menu, so that error its now gone! --> Scenery read error: Attempting to open a nonexistent directory: C/program files(x86)/microsoft flight simulator X/Texture" but when i get to Free Flight and choose airplane and click ok, its gonna loading but suddenly its just crash.... nothin error code coming for that! So where is now that problem? okay and second problem is that when you re-start the FSX its gonna loading game but there is coming window where is text --> "This Feature requires that (smartassembly) is available on this computer" so what i can do that? Thanks a lot!

BR.Miika

Miika, are you trying to load a default FSX aircraft, or a particular add on aircraft?

Enrico

I trying load Aerosoft Airbus 321 extended ver. But i try default fsx aircraft and it not crash. But now i got problem that i just uninstallion that aerosoft but now i cant see my planes there?..... can you help what that text means? ---> "This Feature requires that (smartassembly) is available on this computer"

BR.Miika

Well,

Smartassembly, technically speaking, is an "obfuscator", that is, a software, that protects applications from being disassambled, reverse engineered, or modified in any way. It is a software that helps software vendors protect the source code of their programs. If you are having the loading issue with the Airbus from Aerosoft, then your best bet is to contact the Aerosoft support team, and tell them about it. Somehow the Smartassembly code is missing from your installation. Get their support, they'll be glad to help you out.

Enrico

Hey Enrico, thanks a lot for helping me! i will ask that problem in aerosoft.

BR.Miika