Sign in to follow this  
FIGJAM

Does Kyle Rodgers need a hug?

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I was just wondering if others agree with my thoughts the Mr. Rodgers needs a hug...

Marc. 

I'd say rainbows.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

A hug you say. He certainly needs something.

Perhaps something that rhymes with hug, a drug for example.

An anti sarcasm drug, or a super powerful anti didacticism potion of alien origin.   :h0120:

Just kidding of course. :Hug:

I say he needs a hug  considering all the flak he gets :P   only  from a few users  that is :P

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I was just wondering if others agree with my thoughts the Mr. Rodgers needs a hug...

haha - I truly appreciate the support and concern.

Hugs can be directed to my inbox, provided they're good natured (I enjoy a good meme or gif).  For as much sarcasm as I dish, I think people believe I hate fun.  I really don't.

In fact, I love fun.  I used to teach dance (oddly, this is actually a fact), and this is dude was a graduate of my class (sadly, not a fact):

IMG_1395.GIF

Kyle Rodgers

All people should get what they deserve.   :rolleyes:

Just my 2 cents.   :P

I love it ... sarcasm raised to an even higher level.

While I've always appreciated his (yeah, man, we're talking about you while you're in the room) depth of knowledge and willingness to help and teach, I used to react vicerally to Kyle's sometimes over-the-top delivery method -- sort of like a gift basket shot at your head from a drone. Now I hardly notice it. For me it's become part of the gestalt of AVSIM. Also, it's obvious that for a while he's been trying to dial down the tone a notch or two, so kudos for that. All-in-all I consider him a very valuable resource to the flightsim community. He's a giver.

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

this is dude was a graduate of my class (sadly, not a fact):

Awww man! That's like me after drinking Tequila! Dangerous stuff!! :/

Rob Prest

While I've always appreciated his (yeah, man, we're talking about you while you're in the room) depth of knowledge and willingness to help and teach, I used to react vicerally to Kyle's sometimes over-the-top delivery method -- sort of like a gift basket shot at your head from a drone.

My co-workers are all staring at me now because of the laugh that just came bursting out of my cube.  That's hilarious.  Thanks for making my morning.

Also, it's obvious that for a while he's been trying to dial down the tone a notch or two, so kudos for that.

Thanks!  I really have been - partially at the behest of Tom, partially at the requests of people here, and partially because I re-read some of my old posts and think "man, that definitely could've been stated better/more nicely/etc."  I find it sad that I'll occasionally avoid going back into a thread because I know that I had been somewhat of a jerk in my prior response.  I don't like that feeling, particularly because it's my own internal admission that I was wrong, so I've been trying to avoid getting to that point.

Awww man! That's like me after drinking Tequila! Dangerous stuff!! :/

This is why I usually stick to beer.  Admittedly, my friend sent that gif to me saying that it reminded him of my dancing, which was exhibited on a particularly drunken night in Italy (the culprit in this case being rum).  I'll just say that snowboarding the next day was rough, though entirely worth it to tough out the hangover:

IMAG0640.jpg

Kyle Rodgers

I don't know the guy myself, but a hug's a hug - we all need one!

I sub to his youtube vids

I like his set it up and ......think about that.....

Keep the good work up :)

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I definatly have noticed Kyle dialing it back a notch. Hopefully some of his detractors will notice the same.

He has very informative videos on his YouTube account, shares what he can from the beta tests and calls his dog home slice. Sounds like a "bro hug" is in order!

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

I don't know the guy myself, but a hug's a hug - we all need one!

Truth!  Många tack!

I sub to his youtube vids

Thanks for subbing.  It's cool to see how much of a response I get over there.

I definatly have noticed Kyle dialing it back a notch.

Good to see that people are noticing.  Sometimes I'm not sure if I've done enough.  Heck, I even changed my avatar pic to one with a smile in it so that I seem less intimidating.  I'm really blunt in speech, and I'm sure text just makes it seem that much more like a cudgel.

He has very informative videos on his YouTube account, shares what he can from the beta tests and calls his dog home slice. Sounds like a "bro hug" is in order!

Thanks for watching that stuff over there.  Glad they're seen as informative, as I know they often carry a decent rant or two (or five).

Also, I'm not sure if home slice has more of a following there than I do...haha.

A Long distance hug from India

Thanks!

...an, despite the awesome support here, I have to acknowledge that this thread does seem a little self-serving and my posting in it could come across the wrong way.  While I know that I spend 99.999999% of my time on AVSIM here in the PMDG section, it's actually the PMDG forum meant to discuss PMDG-related stuff.

I really do appreciate the support and light-hearted banter, but I don't want to stray too far from the forum purpose.  Then again, if this helps avoid other threads spinning out of control, then by all means...

Kyle Rodgers