Sign in to follow this  
Guest bonjourmoi44

ERJ PIC vs. Flight 1 ATR

Guest Fsmodeler

I am looking to buy either one of these products, and cannot figure out which one would be the best. Without getting into the whole jet v. turboprop debate. I am looking for a good regional plane that models FMS and has good flight dynamics. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

This really boils down to how fast you want to fly. Both these add-ons are equally good and if it were me I'd go for both. If speed is an issue and you want a faster plane then go for the ERJ. The ATR is a turboprop aircraft that is slower than a jet. That's about all I can tell you about choices here... :-roll Have fun... :-wave

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

ATR

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

I don't have the ERJ, however, the Flight One ATR is an absolute dream to fly. The FMC is extremely functional and the handling of the ATR is very good. I always hand fly my finals, and it is so easy to control. Allow two routes in the FMC at once, so diverting or alternate approaches are easy as can be. A whole lot of eye candy, several different panel choices, two panel colors, custom 2D panel views, and a great VC with cabin. TCAS II by Lee Hetherington. You can't go wrong.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest Fsmodeler

Thanks Everyone for the responses. That pretty much confirms what I thought, both are great. I just need to convince the CFO (Wife) that I need both.

Before you make your choice check this site out first.... Anytime the real company endorses a product you know it has to be good. :-wave http://atr.flight1.net/

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

>> Anytime the real company endorses a product you know it has to be good.Obviously, you've never encountered the George Foreman line of Lean, Mean, Grilling Machines endorsed by George himself. :-newburn

>>> Anytime the real company endorses a product you know it>has to be good.>>Obviously, you've never encountered the George Foreman line of>Lean, Mean, Grilling Machines endorsed by George himself.>:-newburn Thats alittle different. That would be the same as F1 saying " We say that this GMAX Animated ATR72-500 is exact to the real plane! "If ATR endorses a computer animated model for Flight Sim, it must be good. George Foreman certified his own product. F1 didnt endorse their own FS product, ATR did.

Guest bonjourmoi44

When you all say that ATR endorses the product, do they use it for training purposes? Just curious. Also, it seems rather unfair to both planes to suggest one to buy the only plane you have, i.e., if you do not own both how can you truly respond to these types of questions (those of you who do not own both)?

No, not for training purposes as it's not certified for that by any government agency.I do believe it's used for PR purposes (tradeshows and such).ATR actively participated in the development.Not only was F1 supplied with original design documents and aircraft manuals, the responsible people from F1 visited the ATR factories regularly to discuss features with ATR staff and ATR supplied people to test and evaluate the model in order to get it as close to the real thing as possible within the framework of MSFS2004.Only when they were satisfied was the product released to the general public.AFAIK this is a first in the FS world.

Guest bobsk8

>When you all say that ATR endorses the product, do they use>it for training purposes? Just curious. Also, it seems rather>unfair to both planes to suggest one to buy the only plane you>have, i.e., if you do not own both how can you truly respond>to these types of questions (those of you who do not own>both)? I believe they that are suggesting to pilots that are getting a type rating at ATR, that they get the program so they can practice with it. Check the ATR forum and you will see many Real ATR Pilots posting there. These are guys that fly the ATR for a living, and fly it on their PC too. http://atr.flight1.net/forums/