Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Just some 'heavy demand' FPS .25----> .30 observations...

Just thought to post some apples-to-apples FPS performance in certain airport situations on my system;

Just to compare, with no settings changes from .25 to .30...and I might add, most impressive:

Custom Scenery from the Web:

CYYZ (Toronto Pearson)

at taxi...throughout the airport on way to active...tons of panning...etc.:

.25  8-12

.30 No less ever than 22 FPS!!!-26(29)

KBOS (Boston Logan (this one is usually a FPS killer!

.25 6-10

.30 18-24

KLAX  Los Angeles Intl.

.25  12-18(19)

.30  21(22)-26(29)

On my system...if you can see, going from .25 to .30 has practically doubled and or (beyond doubled) FPS performance. This is truly an incredible rework...

Now...Team....FIX THE FRIGGIN  un-ending RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, and I can go back to perpetual smiling....

Mitch

Now...Team....FIX THE FRIGGIN  un-ending RAIN!!

.. I wonder if the weather developers live in Seattle.. It always rains here so for me, that's not a bug.  :lol:

Ray S.

Check out my aviation portfolio:

http://scottshangar.net

On my system...if you can see, going from .25 to .30 has practically doubled FPS performance. This is truly an incredible rework...

Now...Team....FIX THE FRIGGIN  un-ending RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, and I can go back to perpetual smiling....

Mitch

I would wonder if the rain might be caused by one of your plugins? I don't have the rain problem nor many others though I've seen it reported by more than just you. Surely this has to be down to a difference in our respective X-Plane 10 main folders which could only be a plugin, scenery or aircraft installed difference. I'd say you might be able to cure the problem through a process of elimination. Just a thought.

I would wonder if the rain might be caused by one of your plugins? I don't have the rain problem nor many others though I've seen it reported by more than just you. Surely this has to be down to a difference in our respective X-Plane 10 main folders which could only be a plugin, scenery or aircraft installed difference. I'd say you might be able to cure the problem through a process of elimination. Just a thought.

You think?  Ok...the only plugins I have are SkyMax Pro (taking this out, made no difference, already tried that...) and Sea Traffic.  Now, I have not touched anything in the upgrade, so can't imagine what would keep rain displaying...and running continuously (with sound), that was not happening in .25    .  What do you think might be the issue...I can't imagine that any scenery would affect weather...so am stumped. Any suggestions would be most appreciated...and for SURE!

:Thinking: Of course I could be totally and utterly wrong     :unknw:

:Thinking: Of course I could be totally and utterly wrong     :unknw:

Nah...I think it is a bug...nothing of this sort was with using .25.  

I just disabled all Plug-ins through the Plug-in Administrator...and still the rain.

I changed out three aircraft...and still the rain.  This is a bug...perhaps triggered by adding anything beyond Vanilla. Bob mentioned he does not have this...but he also stated that it is Vanilla that he is working with...  What a bummer......

Just thought to post some apples-to-apples FPS performance in certain airport situations on my system;

Just to compare, with no settings changes from .25 to .30...and I might add, most impressive:

Custom Scenery from the Web:

CYYZ (Toronto Pearson)

at taxi...throughout the airport on way to active...tons of panning...etc.:

.25  8-12

.30 No less ever than 22 FPS!!!-26(29)

KBOS (Boston Logan (this one is usually a FPS killer!

.25 6-10

.30 18-24

KLAX  Los Angeles Intl.

.25  12-18(19)

.30  21(22)-26(29)

On my system...if you can see, going from .25 to .30 has practically doubled and or (beyond doubled) FPS performance. This is truly an incredible rework...

Mitch

Hi Mitch.

I know you're just doing Apple to Apples, but what are the clouds and weather set at for these tests?

Clouds are the one thing just *murdering* my FPS.

Hi Mitch.

I know you're just doing Apple to Apples, but what are the clouds and weather set at for these tests?

Clouds are the one thing just *murdering* my FPS.

Well...I was curious about the stock clouds for .30...so unloaded SkyMax.  I found (personal taste) that SkyMax still pumps out a superior cloudscape, so reinstalled and I am making these comments with all SkyMax cloud sliders at 75 percent of their travel. I have all other buttons as Medium...and now even have the God Rays on..as this kicks butt with v.30.  So..about 75 percent for the clouds sliders in SkyMax Pro.  I am cruising through beautiful cloud 'infested-lol' sky..and all at a steady 29 FPS.  I am blown away by what Laminar Research was able to pull off....simply blown away...it's like they stole away the old simulation rendering engine in the middle of the night, and placed a turbo-charged version in its place.....oh those sneaky L.R. Team members....: ;))))))))  Oh...I am also (always...) running in HDR mode..and even with a couple of top-notch file enhancers for that mode, as well. I posted about this in another thread.  One of the files was in contention...so was pulled off the .ORG...but if you have it already on your system, prior to that event....USE THEM.  What they do for the HDR mode..is exactly what L.R. did between .25 and .30.  Yeppers......night time, is the RIGHT TIME! :)

Well...I was curious about the stock clouds for .30...so unloaded SkyMax.  I found (personal taste) that SkyMax still pumps out a superior cloudscape, so reinstalled and I am making these comments with all SkyMax cloud sliders at 75 percent of their travel. I have all other buttons as Medium...and now even have the God Rays on..as this kicks butt with v.30.  So..about 75 percent for the clouds sliders in SkyMax Pro.  I am cruising through beautiful cloud 'infested-lol' sky..and all at a steady 29 FPS.  I am blown away by what Laminar Research was able to pull off....simply blown away...it's like they stole away the old simulation rendering engine in the middle of the night, and placed a turbo-charged version in its place.....oh those sneaky L.R. Team members....: ;))))))))

Lucky you.  I'm stuck with "sunny days" or "slow FPS" right now.

May I ask what resolution you're running at?

B)

Lucky you.  I'm stuck with "sunny days" or "slow FPS" right now.

May I ask what resolution you're running at?

Sure can...Very High, the one level below maximum. I 'can' run with satisfactory FPS's (per my system spec's) with Extremely, but just actually LIKE the one setting below...less busy to my eye..and more real as well......  A question...how close is your system to my Profile posted one?  I got the rain issue under control...and performance, system wide...is head-shaking, unbelievable. If I only had this in P3D v2.2....and yeah, yeah...no A.I., no real ATC routines in XPX...but...if you value a real-life FLIGHT experience....floating through the sky..and not bumping through it...nothing comes close to XPX.30b1 now.  NOTHING.....feature sets, aside.  No apples-to-apple feature set observed...but just commenting on the flight parameters....and how deadly-smooth frame animation, advances the feel, that you are real-world, flying....  Regarding this...at this moment in time...XPX.30b1 reins supreme.  Ok...I just caught myself..er...rambling...so, back to the flight...Dawn is approaching at about 80 miles out of KBOS....and what a Dawn sky is breaking, a la' HDR (Plus...)!!!! B)

Sure can...Very High

What resolution is your monitor running?

Re:  My system profile is in the "My PC" link if that helps?

1920x1200 32 bit

My GAWD...your specs...ARE YOU KIDDING ME...that you have ANY rendering issues with ANY sim?!?!?!?   Are you KIDDING ME?   Jeez.....

You should be bringing sim engines down to their knees...not the other way around.  You eclipse me in system specs...and yet..I am running like a champ.  Turbine...look at everything.....there must be some horrendous drag on your system, with back-ground processes....JEEZ.....

Your Spec:

• Processor
    i7 4390k
  • Processor Cores
  • Processor Speed
    4.3 OC
  • RAM
    32GB 2400 OC
  • Video Board Manufacturer
    EVGA
  • Video Board Model
    GTX 780ti SC ACX
  • Video Memory
    3GB
  • Mother Board
    Asus Rampage IV Gene
  • Monitor
    30" @ 2560 x 1600
  • Operating System
    OS X 10.9.3 - Windows 8.1 x64

1920x1200 32 bit

My GAWD...your specs...ARE YOU KIDDING ME...that you have ANY rendering issues with ANY sim?!?!?!?   Are you KIDDING ME?   Jeez.....

You should be bringing sim engines down to their knees...not the other way around.  You eclipse me in system specs...and yet..I am running like a champ.  Turbine...look at everything.....there must be some horrendous drag on your system, with back-ground processes....JEEZ.....

Your Spec:

• Processor
    i7 4390k
  • Processor Cores
  • Processor Speed
    4.3 OC
  • RAM
    32GB 2400 OC
  • Video Board Manufacturer
    EVGA
  • Video Board Model
    GTX 780ti SC ACX
  • Video Memory
    3GB
  • Mother Board
    Asus Rampage IV Gene
  • Monitor
    30" @ 2560 x 1600
  • Operating System
    OS X 10.9.3 - Windows 8.1 x64

Now you know why I'm a bit bummed.

It *should* be better than it is.

Your system spec's are killer...so, there is a very real 'reason' for your unhappy performance.  I'd start high-level...forget the sim for now..and after a reboot...see what back-ground processes are happening on your system...for instance..what Anti virus do you run with.. how much system resources is it asking for...what other 'running silent' programs have you installed...make sure there are NO SPYWARE and/virus-ware that you have unintenionally downloaded and perhaps installed...start with this..and then work lower.  SOMETHING is using up your CPU 'focus' cycles...for this system is what most of us aspire to own...so...no despair...no just detective work...and you will prevail.   Absolutely!

Mitch

Wow that is some system, I'd be a happy man! I wonder is it as simple as the higher resolution you are running? Have you tried resizing the XP window to see if that raises the frames?