Sign in to follow this  
Justin Toposim

Favorite Airport on a Plateau? We'll fix that!

Have a favorite local airport that maybe has a plateau, canyon or other anomaly resulting from the FSX flat-airport limitation?  We'll fix that, adjust the airport property polygon, and make any other adjustments necessary based on georeferenced aerial/satellite images, and provide a high-resolution, highly-accurate digital elevation model for the airport's surroundings.

Simply provide us with the name of the airport and ICAO code and we'll do the rest.  The finished product will then become part of the Toposim Store and you will earn a 5% royalty on future sales, most likely recouping your initial investment--and more.

More info: http://www.toposim.net

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net

Would this be compatible with the FS Global 2010 mesh? I like this idea very much. I uninstalled my FS Global 2010 mesh because my 2 most-used airports, KSMO and KBUR, are wrecked with plateaus.

But $30 bucks? That's greater than the cost of an entire Orbx airport with custom AI. 10 bucks, yes. 15, maybe. Can't justify 30.

Good luck! I'll keep an eye on your website for sure.

Yes, will be compatible with every global or regional terrain mesh out there.

I think the $30 is justified. It's a multi-step time-consuming process, some airport situ are more challenging than others, but figure several hours work for the easiest ones.  A lot of manual tinkering, kind of like sculpting, only the medium is 3D digital instead of a hunk of marble using a chisel and sandpaper.  A custom job.  And if you factor in the the 5% royalty on sales of that ATAP ($4.95 for now) to other simmers, there's a very good possibility that you'll make your money back. Commission a popular airport and you could make a significant profit (well, relatively anyway - probably wont be able to retire on it lol)

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net

Yes, will be compatible with every global or regional terrain mesh out there.

I think the $30 is justified. It's a multi-step time-consuming process, some airport situ are more challenging than others, but figure several hours work for the easiest ones.  A lot of manual tinkering, kind of like sculpting, only the medium is 3D digital instead of a hunk of marble using a chisel and sandpaper.  A custom job.  And if you factor in the the 5% royalty on sales of that ATAP ($4.95 for now) to other simmers, there's a very good possibility that you'll make your money back. Commission a popular airport and you could make a significant profit (well, relatively anyway - probably wont be able to retire on it lol)

All good. Get what you feel you deserve. I understand it's many hours of tedious work. Love what you are doing.