Sign in to follow this  
IguazuFalls

GSX: a must-have for the PMDG 777?

Hi all,

Having seen now quite a few screenshots and YouTube vids about GSX, I'm still a little undecided if it's a worthwhile investment that really adds to the level of realism of the PMDG 777.

If I compare it with AES though, GSX seems to be the (much) better deal with regard to FSX ground ops.

What are your thoughts? Is GSX an essential add-on for the PMDG 777?

Best regards,

Paul

I love GSX. Works on every airport in FSX and brings a bit more realism to your aircraft. :)

Philipp Schwaegerl

I'm a fan of gsx too, loading is cool and pushback is great.

WW1294.png

They could've called it FS Pushback X, asked the same amount of money for it, and none of the users would've complained ;-)

Don't waste your time and get it.  Your simulator life will change from then on... you just have to see it your self.  One thing I love about it is, perfect pushback and the guidance to the gate, it's just flawless... anyways, if you don't get it, you'll be missing out on alot.  It's worth every penny in my honest opinion.  If you have FSDT scenery, you can try it at their airports at no cost to see if you like it.  Just download and install, but you have to use it at the airport with FSDT scenery.  Good luck.

The only problem I had was that the cargo loader could not extend enough to reach the main cargo level of the 777F.  I found a file of updated GSX vehicles posted in their forum that fixed that problem. It really is a great add-on!

IF you have time to wait for the different services (catering, refueling...) and enjoy the aircraft view while on the ground then you can consider GSX or AES.

GSX: you pay only one time and the product works on all airports but you don't have the jetways features

AES: has the jetways features but you have to buy credits to operate the services on airports. The bigger the airport, the more credits you need. Big airport = 5 credits. A pack of 10 credits = 15 euros. 

IF you spend more time in the virtual cockpit and eye-candy is not essential to you, then GSX/AES is NOT a must-have but a nice-have.

My experience: I got AES and bought 2 credits packs 2 weeks ago. Nice to see the animations in the beginning... but in the end it's always the same, time consuming and not so essential. At this moment I am learning cold and dark power up and I spend time in the cockpit. I don't have time to watch and manage the ground services. The PMDG 777 built-in push-back features (with voice communication between the captain and ground) is enough immersive to me. Plus during pushback I am busy with starting the engines so I don't use the aircraft view. Also AES pushes you to buy more and more credits and I don't like that philosophy. I prefer to save my money for airports. So in the end I decided to delete AES from my PC.

- TONY -

...Plus during pushback I am busy with starting the engines so I don't use the aircraft view...

That's exactly why GSX pushback feature is useful. You do not have to worry where the aircraft is going (GSX will push it to centerline perfectly), so you can concentrate on engines start and correct flow.

AES does it too.

But it's not the end of the world if you do not land right on the centerline after the pushback.

And most of the time I start from the same gate on each of my favourite airports so with experience I know how many feets and degrees I have to type in FS Actions > Pushback of the PMDG 777 to land on an acceptable location.

- TONY -

Two things I wish GSX would do in addition to pushing back the aircraft are 1)tow aircraft into gate and 2) tow aircraft to a designated area . Nevertheless, the software is a awesome.

AES does it too.

But it's not the end of the world if you do not land right on the centerline after the pushback.

And most of the time I start from the same gate on each of my favourite airports so with experience I know how many feets and degrees I have to type in FS Actions > Pushback of the PMDG 777 to land on an acceptable location.

The main difference I see between  aes  and  gsx is  that gsx works on every fsx airport where as aes  doesnt

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

+1 - Worth it for the pushback function alone.  Pushback works with all planes so is def worth the cash.

However FS2CREW is coming out with a pushback program, so that will be, indeed, very interesting.