Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

GPS isn't working right

Can someone check on their setup these two (three) items:

1) GPS Direct To - when pressing the D I should be able to use outer wheel to scroll over to NRST window.  I can't do this.

1a) GPS direct to not working at all.  I press D - I enter waypoint.  Then checking the FPL screen it shows the same airport, example KONT -> KONT.  It's like it won't take present position and do a direct to new waypoint.

2) Can't see water or terrain, can't see VORs and NDB's.  It seems like I've got -1 decluttered.  On the real unit I'd press CLR to step through the declutter process.  I can't do that with this.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1) GPS Direct To - when pressing the D I should be able to use outer wheel to scroll over to NRST window.  I can't do this.

1a) GPS direct to not working at all.  I press D - I enter waypoint.  Then checking the FPL screen it shows the same airport, example KONT -> KONT.  It's like it won't take present position and do a direct to new waypoint.

2) Can't see water or terrain, can't see VORs and NDB's.  It seems like I've got -1 decluttered.  On the real unit I'd press CLR to step through the declutter process.  I can't do that with this.

Ok, tried it on the King Air 200.

D(direct) to NRST doesn't work.

1a works on the first GPS,  kind of works on the second gps but gets stuck.

I see VORs, airports, and airspace. No water or terrain. Is the 430 suppose to display water and terrain ?

Do you know how to delete a FLP ? Never mind figured it out, MENU!

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

I see VORs, airports, and airspace. No water or terrain. Is the 430 suppose to display water and terrain ?

I remember it showing water and terrain, and also showing major roads on the RealityXP units. These don't seem to be present in this, or I couldn't find a way to enable them.

Please report bugs with detailed description and screenshots to Laminar. Otherwise they will not see this.

For me, direct-to from the nearest airports list did work after I cleared the existing flight plan. (opened nearest apt page, pressed "push cursor", selected airport with inner knob, pressed D-> and pressed ENT)

Water and terrain is not a feature of this GPS. Navaids are shown in zoomlevel 10 and lower.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Dont the 430s have a declutter function? Press CLR a few times?

This does not seem to be implemented.

I asked Philipp via mail about this, he told me the real GNS automatically hides navaids in higher zoom levels (although in the real one you can change this behavior, which you can't in the X-Plane version).

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir