Model  >  p7-1420t

64-bit operating system

Processor Cores > 4

Processor  > intel ( R ) Core ( TM ) i5-3330CPU@ 3.00GHz

Memory     > 6.00 GB

Graphics   > intel ( R ) HD Graphics

Primary Hard Disk  476 free of 910 GB

Windows 8.1

I have a number of scenery and aircraft add ons. The last add on was Anchorage X. I flew there and apart from a few freezes everything went ok. Now when I try to go there, either FSX crashes at the start or when the Sim. is loading the terrain data it get's to around 80 % then just freezes there. I tried going to an airport a few miles away from Anchorage and it worked, but then it froze. I tried another payware site Denver KDEN and got on the runway, but there were no buildings. I can successfully access average airports with little problems. The frame rate is around 10 - 15 , but for the most part it's smooth. My settings in FSX are about average. The aircraft , vehicles, boats, etc. are around 10 %.

I do have a WD External drive 1.5 TB that has very few things on it not related to FSX.

My question is what would you do if you were in my shoes ? New Processor, New Drive, do I put everything not related to FSX on my External Hard Drive ? Should it be over clocked ?  I'm not very computer literate so try to make things simple. Thanks for your help.

Don't no whether your PC needs upgrading. But your graphics which appear to be of the on board integrated type do.

Your sim experience will be greatly improved if you buy a dedicated graphics card.

There is much knowledge here at Avsim as to which card would be appropriate for you.

I don't FSX .I use FS9 so have no problems with performance ,even on my seven year old PC.

Cheers

Socks

Don't no whether your PC needs upgrading. But your graphics which appear to be of the on board integrated type do.

Your sim experience will be greatly improved if you buy a dedicated graphics card.

There is much knowledge here at Avsim as to which card would be appropriate for you.

I don't FSX .I use FS9 so have no problems with performance ,even on my seven year old PC.

Cheers

Socks

Don't no why post has doubled up.

I use on-board fingers,and I am probably in need of dedicated didgits instead.

Cheers

Socks

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077