Sign in to follow this  
BernieMac

Future Customer - 737 NGX Support for Prepar3d?

Hi,

I was wondering if PMDG will support the 737-800/900 NGX within P3D v2+?

I upgraded from FSX but struggling to find any realistic pay-ware Boeing aircraft to install that are feature-complete.

I have searched in quite a few forums to see if this question has been answered but I have been unable to find any definitive answers.

Many thanks, look forward to a reply.

Regards,

Mark Bernardinis

I thought that PMDG was planning to roll out a product line for P3D that would include the 777 and 737.   Have you tried installing the NGX into P3D?  Did it work?  I

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I thought that PMDG was planning to roll out a product line for P3D that would include the 777 and 737.   Have you tried installing the NGX into P3D?  Did it work?  I

I read that a number of people have tried to install it using some P3D compatibility tool and that everything worked except the FMS. Something to do with a PMDG_HUD.dll (or similar)... I haven't purchased this aircraft so not 100% sure.

I specifically want the 737 to work in PMDG (not the 777) as most of my routes are domestic (except NZ) and this aircraft is much better suited for short range flights (plus it is the one QANTAS flies with before you step up to the 747 or A380).

Exactly what I was after. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction... Good to hear they are looking at the P3D platform.

I upgraded from FSX but struggling to find any realistic pay-ware Boeing aircraft to install that are feature-complete.

Just curious, why did you "upgrade" if the aircraft you wanted to fly wasn't available for P3D. Why not just stay with FSX for now? Or even just have both programs installed so you can fly what you want, when you want?

Dave

Dave Paige

Just curious, why did you "upgrade" if the aircraft you wanted to fly wasn't available for P3D. Why not just stay with FSX for now? Or even just have both programs installed so you can fly what you want, when you want?

Dave

Good question :-)...

There are a few reasons (please don't take these points as complaining - simply reasons).

- I had to reinstall my system as I got new SSD drives so I was starting from scratch with a Windows 8 OS.

- FSX has a number of problems with Windows 8, one being very critical to the operation of FSX, my flight controls would disappear mid-flight and attempting to land would become near impossible without AUTOLAND. There are a number of posts for the USB power down but none of these solved the problem (uninstalling Windows 8 and putting Windows 7 is not an option considering that the flight controls are still available in Windows so it definitely is an FSX problem).

- Having to tune FSX all over again, tweak, make config changes, etc. seems like a waste when I read a lot of people with P3D just running it and not having to care about menu crashes and putting a DLL in the main directory.

- Installing ORBX scenery and all other "enhancements" multiple times - waste of space, but also, can you even install on the same OS to two different locations... I don't think all programs support this.

- Paying for new aircraft when I know P3D is beginning to get some traction with the sim community... it feels like spending money in FSX is a waste... unless I could be guaranteed that the purchases will work in P3D with no further monetary investment.

My main issue is really regarding the disconnection of my flight controls which really ruins my flight. Unfortunately the only way to fix it is to Save / Shutdown and Restart FSX. This is not an option as my Virtual Airline will not allow a flight that has been saved / reloaded to count :-(.

If only life was simple :-). After reading a thread provided above I can see that PMDG is attempting to license P3D for their aircraft so I am hoping that we are simply talking about a few months at most before we see their aircraft in P3D...

I've always believed that the vast majority of folks buy/build computers in a backwards fashion. They buy what they think they want and then hope what they want to do will work. I've always suggest to people that they should do it the other way around. Find the absolutely best software for what it is you want to do. Then build the computer and use the OS that best supports that software.

So, for me, for now, I'm very happy that I'm on Window 7 64bit and FSX because it lets me fly the PMDG NGX, which is what I really enjoy. The price of the NGX is one evening out to dinner for two or maybe only one, so if I have to do it again in a year it's not really that big a deal. When PMDG supports P3D and there are some real advantages to running it on P3D and on Windows 8 then I'll switch. But, for now, I get to enjoy flying the NGX when ever I want.

Just my thoughts.

Dave

Dave Paige