Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

Download restrictions

Last night I downloaded the Cardinal from the Alabeo site, but the first two download attempts failed due to 'timeout' of a slow download although luckily the last download was successful. This was not a function of my computer or my broadband speed as I have downloaded considerably larger files (over 2GBs in the case of some Aerosoft airports) from other sites at far higher speeds. I was quite surprised and disappointed however to see that one is only allowed a maximum of 3 downloads, so I have now used all of my attempts through no fault of my own.

I do not think this is a good policy and I know that other developers are not so restrictive. Indeed, I have bought almost every other Alabeo product from download stores where the number of permitted download attempts are much more generous for the same products. I am not sure therefore why Alabeo are deliberately being so difficult and restrictive with this policy. If it is purely a matter of trying to prevent piracy then there are other ways to reduce this risk and other developers seem to manage this without such restrictive download policies.

Bill

I agree that it is a bad policy, and unfortunately Carenado and Alabeo aren't changing it. However, with Carenado you can contact support via e-mail and have them refill your downloads. I don't think it should be any different with Alabeo, so try contacting them.

Thanks - I actually managed to download this successfully on the final attempt, but it's just a pity that Alabeo and Carenedo feel the need to be so restrictive. Good to know that it at least it would probably be resolved through an email to support though.

I can't support your concern more. I bought the Cardinal last night, tried downloading it, failed on every attempt to complete, and now I cannot download MY DULY PAID FOR PRODUCT. And to rub it in, it's Sunday, so no response from their support. This is turning into a helluva frustration to get hold of my product. Alabeo, please note, I will NOT BUY FROM YOU GUYS AGAIN. I think it is disgusting to restrict your customers like this. Now I cannot fly my Cardinal because of your restrictive policies. During the week I'm too busy to sim, and may only be able, if I do get my product out of you, to enjoy the plane next weekend. I enjoy paths of least resistance, and yours definitely does not fit the profile...