Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

To admin: can't send PM

I just deleted a bunch of messages but no one can PM me nor can I PM them

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I just successfully sent you a PM.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Help Using the AVSIM Forums". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I cant seem to find this in my settings but when you create your account isn't there a setting where you can allow admins/mods to send you PMs but not the general user?

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

I've never heard of anything like that before Jonathan.  Your profile allows you some customization but there is no restrictions on who can send PM's.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I've never heard of anything like that before Jonathan.  Your profile allows you some customization but there is no restrictions on who can send PM's.

Best regards,

A lot of other forums have this option. Thought for a moment that AVSIM also had it.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

Nope what im talking about is a bit different. Other forums allow you to selectively block groups. eg you can receive PMs from admins and moderators but block average users or vice versa.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Nope what im talking about is a bit different. Other forums allow you to selectively block groups. eg you can receive PMs from admins and moderators but block average users or vice versa.

I'd be surprised if it let you block messages from administrators here, but I haven't tested that, so I have no idea. So I'm going to test something out. I just disabled mine. I would like an administrator to try to PM me to see if I get it.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I hit the Quote into PM button and was able to compose a PM but not send it.  Got the following error:

The following errors were found

The member AirKevin can not use the messaging system

This personal message has not been sent

Plus, if I put my cursor over your name, I did not have the option to PM you.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM