Sign in to follow this  
pve

Reusing Intel i7 975 ex for PsD

Hi all

I've got a old box with a i7 975 extreme on a P6T deluxe board that I think I can run P3D on with a new 780 gtx. I fired it up and noticed that I put the OC back to standard. Had a look round to find an OC tweeker but no luck does anyone still run one of these and can help with settings or point me somewhere. I remember I used to run it at just over 4 with the Noctu double air cooler.

Thanks

Paul EGLD

Hi all

I've got a old box with a i7 975 extreme on a P6T deluxe board that I think I can run P3D on with a new 780 gtx. I fired it up and noticed that I put the OC back to standard. Had a look round to find an OC tweeker but no luck does anyone still run one of these and can help with settings or point me somewhere. I remember I used to run it at just over 4 with the Noctu double air cooler.

Thanks

This particular CPU, will kill most of the flight sims put before it...I have run this (look at my spec's...) CPU since 2009, and have no reason whatsoever to swap it out. Actually, it proved to be a very stable powerhouse for modern sim performance. What would you wish to know?  I'm your man....  BTW...your 'thinking' is quite right.  How 'bout FPS sitting at a locked 28-30 in P3D v2.2 with everything pretty much cranked up in all mask settings sound to you...and that is being brought to myself with an i7-975/GTX 680 combo.  I have no pressure to switch out either the CPU, or the GPU at this time. Even XPX.30 is banging out amazing FPS performance.  I have my i7-975 O.C. (on air...) to 4.02/.1 GHz..and has never crashed, slowed, shut down, nor out-right burned out, since taking it there, in '09. It is being used in a 2009 Dell XPS 730x system...with the motherboard, produced for Dell by Asus, custom made for the XPX 730x series.

So...ask away, and let me see where I can help you bring this big-bad-Daddy back on-line....'cause...big and bad, is what this CPU was always about!!!!!!

BTW, what prompted you to retire your 975/P6T combo in the first place?  Just wondering...

Click on: My PC to see what is under my sim rendering, 'hood'....

Mitch'er

Hi Mitch'er

Your results with P3D sound good. I don't know a lot about overclocking but I think the important stuff is CPU voltage, CPU ratio, ram voltage and ram speed. I had a list of things from somwhere originally that gave all the changes for a nice stable overclock for this board.

4.1 would be good if reliable.

I have 6m of ram 1600 7-7-7-20 1.66v and W7

I changed it for sandybridge  and now have a nice stable i7-4470 k on air

So any settings for this board would be good.

Thanks,

Paul EGLD