Sign in to follow this  
rhalton

Audio problems

My audio playback is broken up. This is noticeable in the audio test, PA's and when FO is carrying out checklists resulting in missing some items. Have downloaded latest update - still same problem. Versions for Ifly 737 and airbus worked straight away without any problems. Anybody any ideas? Thanks.

Used Both Airbus and Ifly in the last few days.

FS2Crew Dash 8 uses the exact same audio system as the iFly and Airbus.

Can you think of any reason why the results would not be the same?

I'm afraid I have no ideas off the top of my head.

Have disabled the sound blaster card and ran the sound through the on-board sound card. Now works perfectly. Thanks for your help

OK sounds like a driver issue then.

Maybe a recent update of the driver or codecs caused this issue.

Glad to hear its sorted though.

Not sure is this might also be a factor... from the Trouble Shooting page:

1. If using a Creative Labs X-Fi Extreme Audio Sound Card, uninstall the latest driver and re-install the original driver off the CD that came with your Sound Card.  The latest driver conflicts with the FS2Crew Audio engine.  (If you no longer have your original driver disk, click here to download the original driver).

Loaded a flight today and fault has returned. Re-connected to sound blaster, removed driver and installed original driver. Fault still there. Any more ideas?

Thanks

Hi 

I to am having the same problem with the copilots voice cutting out randomly. Did you use realteks driver installer program to scan which drivers need to be installed and is your problem still fixed?

thx Lee

No, I just downloaded and installed the HD Audio Codec pack.  So far problems are resolved but I have only had a chance to do two very short tests.  I will go through a full flight tonight and report back.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

After a full test tonight, unfortunately the problem is back.  In addition the FO tonight has decided to repeat "1000 to go, ALT SEL" every 10 seconds for the entire part of the cruise.  I am finding that FS2Crew for the Q400 is quite unusable.  Not sure what the problem is as I have no issues at all with the NGX version.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I also downloaded the new codec pack and continued to get the same 1000 ft and alt sel. Also the sound continues to go in and out. I am very disappointed with this as I was really hoping to use a product like fs2crew for the q400. Let's hope these deal breaker issues are remedied very soon!

Thx lee

In addition the FO tonight has decided to repeat "1000 to go, ALT SEL" every 10 seconds for the entire part of the cruise.

Are you using saved panel states or flights?

We have a very large number of Majestic Dash 8 users... I'm trying to figure out why things are not going well in your case.

Cheers,