Sign in to follow this  
rhalton

Audio problems

Is this custom version you refer to still around, Bryan? If so, I'd be very happy, because I can't miss both LINDA and the MCP II while flying any aircraft in FSX.

Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do.

Linda and the MCP II are not using the SDK properly, which messes things up.

Linda and the MCP II will need to follow the SDK conventions.

Best,

Thanks for your reply! It's a pity I can't use FS2Crew then, but I understand it's not your fault. I've used the NGX version on dozens of flights and can't really fly without it anymore; it's great! Let's hope for the best regarding LINDA and the MCP II.

Let me get back to this one more time, since I really, really want to fly the Q400 with FS2Crew.

Is there no way for you, Bryan, to remove the connection between the SERV/INT knob of the Q400 and FS2Crew and adding volume controls to FS2Crew, like in the NGX version?

The answer I got back from Bryan was that the issue is related to the way the MCP/LINDA reads data from the Q400.  I actually edited the LINDA script to remove all references to radios, etc and it still caused the problem.  This will require some help from the LINDA developers to fix.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Thanks for your reply as well, Mark!

I completely understand the problem is with LINDA and/or the MCP and not FS2Crew. However, in the NGX version of FS2Crew there's no connection between the NGX audio panel and the FS2Crew sounds (as far as I know). There are audio controls on the FS2Crew main panel in that version. If this could be done with FS2Crew for the Q400, the problem would be gone.

I think we shouldn't expect much input from the LINDA 'team', if any. LINDA is a community driven piece of software. The developers barely release anything anymore. Their last update is from january 2012...