Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

Drzewiecki New York Airports released!

A previous post mentioned no lead-ins for the JFK 13's.

The 13's approaches at KJFK ... IMO, have to have lead in lights.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Still waiting for the individual airports to be released, can't wait, as I will only use the two small airports and deactivate the larger ones.

I know they will sell good, as the pictures look beautiful.

(...)

For example I have tested all of the major airports using only DD scenery and use the Pmdg NGX and 777 currently averaging with 15-25 FPS. this is with no ai traffic only vatsim ASN with regular settings and no car traffic. (...)

Something I dooa that I only activate in the acemnery library the actual airport I will be using. Of I do a turn back to a different airport I make it part of my preflight.

(...)

My thanks to Alcides for reminding me of the AI traffic impact:

Did some more testing with AI traffic disabled and regained fps in the low twenties. That's o.k. for me in this area.

VAS creeped up pretty high but I didn't disable any scenery - I had tested that before and it can give me about 400 MB of additional VAS headroom, if needed (and it will be needed for N.Y.! :P).

So it looks like it may be worth for me to try the airports demo ... when it's back up again.

Hello all;

Being in the area this scenery serves, I'm eagerly awaiting updates. This is the latest update I can find.

This quote is from "DD Stanislaw" from http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=275&start=30

We have fixed all issues reported by our customers. There are now no artefacts in KTEB, all signs are fixed in KJFK and the Canarsie (VOR 13L/R) approach has now perfectly realistic approach lights. Every light matches its ground footprint and they switch on automatically at night and whenever CRI VOR frequency is selected on NAV1. 

We have also managed to upgrade the performance by 100%. The performance problem was mainly caused by 3D taxiway night lights (f/e in KJFK there are about 15.000 of them). The new version will have an installer with different install options, since the old version worked fine for some customers. We will also provide a version with non animated jetways (130% better performance than in v1.0). We are also waiting for a promo movie to publish it together with v1.1 . All in all, the new version will be published in a few days from now

130% increase in performance? I'll take that!

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

So if I had an average frame rate of 20, the 130% would be now 46 fps?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

My average FPS was 5, theoretically I should be getting around 11.5 lol

Bilal Asif Khan

8.5 billion

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Nothing about buying them individually huh?

Oh well. I will just buy the package then and only activate what I use.

The DEMO is now available: http://www.drzewiecki-des...orts_X_DEMO.zip (66MB). 

The full product will be available at stores tomorrow. I hope all the issues are now gone. 

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

:huh:

Brian, what's wrong with WinRAR?

Just did a short test flight in the NGX with the N.Y. city and the airport demo enabled. Graphics settings were fairly low and AI traffic was disabled.

I OOM-ed pretty quickly (I could have avoided that via SCE, though), but I had no idea how to improve my frame rates (about 11 fps).

So it will be either GA flying or the tubeliners with the city deactivated ...

So it will be either GA flying or the tubeliners with the city deactivated ...

I'll be interested to hear how you do with airports only.  Am happy to stick with default NYC and just keep my distance from the city - much the same as in real life (said the native but now happily ex-New Yorker...)

Shocking performance here! Drops down to 17 fps in the PMDG 777 medium scenery settings, nothing is maxed out, even with the frame rate friendly Airbus X Extended performance is bad! NOT impressed! I want my 29.99 Euro back!