Sign in to follow this  
flightsimfan912

Payware 737-700/800/900

Sup all. I've taken some time off but now I want to get back to flight simulation. I'm looking for a payware 737/700/800/900 as the title suggests. I've searched google but I'm not sure I have found what I want. I am interested in hearing your thoughts about which 737 700 addon I should buy.

Not looking for freeware, but payware 737/700s. Thank you for your input!

PMDG "NGX" line. No question about it. By far the best 737 sim for FSX, and quite possibly the top-selling addon airliner of all time.

Michael Faia

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

Sup all. I've taken some time off but now I want to get back to flight simulation. I'm looking for a payware 737/700/800/900 as the title suggests. I've searched google but I'm not sure I have found what I want. I am interested in hearing your thoughts about which 737 700 addon I should buy.

Not looking for freeware, but payware 737/700s. Thank you for your input!

Before you put in all the work to get back in the game check out P3D v2 as your base sim.  In the coming months PMDG's 737 will be compatible with it and you'll be on an optimized platform to sim with.  Today the excellent iFly 737 is 90% of what PMDG's bird is and it's currently available for P3D v2.  In the next year P3D v2 will leave behind FSX in what it's capable of producing visually and under the hood.  You'll get more from your hardware and amazing performance with P3D v2 over FSX and far less hassle setting it up.  Again if your just getting back in the game ditch FSX out right.  Most FSX add-ons (especially scenery) works with P3D just be careful and ask around first before you install anything.  Save yourself the hassle of seeing what's in store later on and not being able to take part because you opted for FSX.   :ph34r:

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I would definitely consider P3D if there was a personal consumer version available, but for now, alas, I have to stick with FSX. I would go PMDG if their planes weren't so expensive! I'll definitely look at the other planes suggested. Is Ariane any good?

I've found the iFly package to be extremely well put together and a better value overall, as you get all variants of the NGX, and many customization features for the equipment on the plane. I'm not sure what PMDG offers over iFly system wise, but I'm sure there are a couple of things, but probably trivial. I do know that iFly's WX radar works seamlessly with ASN, and that they recently added support for fail-operational autoland for CATIIIb approaches, if you're into that sort of thing.

You really cannot go wrong with either PMDG and iFly. Currently, iFly has a P3D license as well, while PMDG looks to sell one in the future. Both offer a very realistic experience, are supported by other products (PFPX, FS2Crew), and are fun to fly (the flight models feel similar as well). I believe PMDG is more popular because PMDG is an established, high fidelity simulation company, but do not discount iFly even though they have a smaller portfolio.

Again, you will be satisfied with either choice (OK, I really don't know how you will feel, but I'm trying to be persuade you to buy one of these products).

No. In fact they're probably more expensive

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I did have the iFly 737 but would now only fly the PMDG it's just better all round. Unless you want to fly P3D then iFly is the one to go for.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I would definitely consider P3D if there was a personal consumer version available, but for now, alas, I have to stick with FSX. I would go PMDG if their planes weren't so expensive! I'll definitely look at the other planes suggested. Is Ariane any good?

:blink:

I'm not sure what your getting at here as most of us have bought either the Professional or Academic license.  Academic is only $60 and has little more than a water mark in the corner that's hardly noticeable.  Some have made a big to do about how this program is marketed but the bottom line is just like FSX nothing is stopping you from buying it.  You can get either version without issue.

This may fly in the face of most PMDG supporters here but the iFly model actually visually has a more accurate VC than the PMDG model.  The windows in the iFly model are proportioned correctly where as PMDG's version has oversized windows to what one would find in the actual cockpit... :ph34r:    Of course everything else about the PMDG model is amazing to say the least... 

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Ariane has horrible support and its inferior to Ifly & PMDG in every way, don't get it unless you want to throw your money into a product that you may not even be able to activate...