Sign in to follow this  
Usmc3891

Paper Navigation Log question

I plan my vfr flights with a sectional and an e6b. What do yall use for the calibrated airspeed? It's normally found in the pilot's operating handbook but that doesn't exist for the default aircraft. Any help would be appreciated.

If you're using FSX you can find more info on each plane by clicking the "Details" button in the plane selector windows. However the speeds stated there is for a specific altitude that I'm not entirely sure of, so chances are good that your actual speed will be different.

I think it's better to just load up the sim with zero wind conditions, take your plane of choice up to your planned cruise altitude and read your ground speed (which will be the same as TAS) from the GPS.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

I didn't think of that ☺ I'll start making up some charts for the default prop aircraft and share them with anyone who needs them. Thank you very much.

I think you can use the poh of a 172R. Looks like it's the one Microsoft used.

How well it's modeled and how correct things are is another story off course.