Sign in to follow this  
onebob

UT2 start-up problem

On starting FSX I'm getting this pop up error:-

'there are multiple objects with the same title name, they must have unique title names.

F1UT2_321Daedalus simobjects\ut2 aircraft\321'

clicking on 'close' just pops up another similar error.(hundreds)

Have been running UT2 ok since I purchased until this morning, have to go to task manager to close fsx down to clear the error.

have done a couple of re-installs but to no avail.

any quick solution to this.

many thanks bob

It sounds like you have more than one repaint of that model with the same name.

Check out the aircraft.cfg in the FSX/SimObjects/UT2 Aircraft/321 folder and check for entries where the "ui_variation" is identical. They need to be unique.

Check out the aircraft.cfg in the FSX/SimObjects/UT2 Aircraft/321 folder and check for entries where the "ui_variation" is identical. They need to be unique.

thanks for your response, looked thro' the aircraft.cfg file 321 and couldn't see any repeats, however there are some with same name but are hyphenated ie  ui_variation=Air France and ui_variation=Air France - Old Colours     ( or -Hybrid)

bob

thanks for your response, looked thro' the aircraft.cfg file 321 and couldn't see any repeats, however there are some with same name but are hyphenated ie  ui_variation=Air France and ui_variation=Air France - Old Colours     ( or -Hybrid)

bob

I believe it must read "Air France_Old Colours". I don't think it sees it as a different name with a "Hyphen" and spaces. Could be wrong.

Edit Post; wrong, sorry, it seems "Hyphens" and spaces don't matter.

Hi Ric
Have managed to get it up and running after a few installs, there was a double entry in the fsx.cfg file
-SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft and-SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft

I got it running but could only get ga aircraft, so I uninstalled again and deleted all the stuff relating to Flight1 ut2 which was left over after the uninstall.
reinstalled as a administrator, rebooted, ran the interface as a administrator, rebooted and then started the ut2 interface again as an administrator and started FSX and finally after a lot of heartache bingo.

thans for your help

bob