Sign in to follow this  
prato_1994

FSX CRASH UNEXPECTLY in random moment, without any error message or warning.

Hi! I have abig problem. In a random momento when im flying fsx close unexpectly with out any warning or error, the only close without previous warning or freeze. The event viewer of windows dont show any problem, and i have uiautomationcore.dll on my fsx folder, i think that i have the wrong version of this file so 10 minutes ago a replace this file for a correct version but im noy tried fly yet to see the results. Any recommendation to solve this problem, because its really extrange that the sim close without error messages. Thanks for your help!!!

Remove the uiautomationcore.dll from your fsx folder.

Move the FSX.cfg to a temporary folder (or delete or rename), restart FSX, and let the config rebuild.

The info provided just does not give any clues as to what went wrong. Can you download and run AppCrashView (see the AVSIM CTD Guide located to the right of this forum under Hot Spots).

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for your answer! 30 minutes ago i was find that my uiautomationcore.dll is the wrong version (6.60001... or something like this.), so i replace the file for the correct version (6.5836... i don't remember exactly the number). I can't test the sim yet to see the results. But What do you think about this? Can it be the solution? Thank you!

Can it be the solution? Thank you!

AVSIM recommends the 16386 version.  According to the AVSIM CTD Guide:

Version: 6.05840.16386 - This 32 bit version was the Vista and pre-FSX SP1 version which seems to work the best for the majority of members. We recommend this version be installed.

Version: 6.0.6001.18000 - This version is the version used with Vista and FSX SP1. It is recommended by many computer experts throughout the flight simulator community but has caused problems for several as attested in our CTD Forum. This version is not readily available on the Internet except at a few commercial websites (i.e., Flight1 SimForums or PMDG) that believe this version is the proper one to install. If you find that the 16386 version did not prevent FSX menu freezes, you can conduct a search for the 18000 version.

We have hundreds of cases here in the CTD Forum where individuals had one of these versions in their main FSX directory and still got crashes.  So it doesn't work for everyone.  It is not that "magic bullet" that will fix all of your crashes.  I personally think it's a placebo as people get crashes, shutdown fsx, maybe even shutdown Windows, and then place the version in their main FSX folder, fire up FSX, and the crashes end.  Yet, it could have been the process of shutting down FSX and Windows that actually fixed the problem.  I never use it.  I get crashes but they are fixed by other methods.  Many have removed it from their main FSX folder and the crashes stopped.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10