Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Question about FF 777 Worldliner Expansion Pack

I have the base pack that comes with the 777-200LR. Plan on getting the extended upgrade pack for the new variants. Does anyone here have it and can share your views and opinions on it? I'm very curious as this is one of my favorite tube liners to fly. I have used PMDG 777 in FSX and completely love everything about it, but the X-Plane version isn't as nice in terms of visual quality and feature complete as PMDG's. Not trying to start a war on which one is better, but since FSX is dead to me and I have stopped using it for the longest time now. My only 2 sims I now use are P3D and X-Plane. Since you can't use the PMDG 777 in P3D, I have no choice but to use X-Plane. Not like it's a bad thing. So what is your opinion on the 777 extended package for those that have it and fly it frequently. How is it compared to PMDG's version, what's better and worse? Share your thoughts. 

Thanks!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Not the same as PMDG 777.  I have both PMDG and FF777 extended edition.  PMDG really put you there in the cockpit.  I bought both the FF 757 and 777 and after a few flights I put both of them in storage.  The feelings are just not there and there are just too many quirks that annoy me.  May be later I will try them again.  Save your money and wait for the IXEG 737-400.  For fun, pick up the FlyJSim 727 package, it is really very well done.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Thanks for your input and I agree with you as well. But it's the only option on X-Plane at the moment. Really wish PMDG would develop for X-Plane.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Have you tried the 757? It is significantly ahead of the 777 in terms of physical and systems modelling.