Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Flight1 - Garmin GTN 750/650 for X-Plane

This looks awesome, of course it's released for FSX. Still don't know why people keep making such nice add-ons for a dying platform. Anyways I heard that this will be also be released for P3D as well as X-Plane. I hope it's true and I am looking forward to adding this to some of my planes. Much better than the old RXP GNS 430/530 system. 

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=f1gtn

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

They said they're doing it for XP?

Where did you read that I'm just curious...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

First, P3D is certainly not dying.

Problem with this product is that you cannot easily update the navigation data. They said that in their forum.

It uses the Official Garmin trainer, and neither Navigraph nor NavDataPro work with that. You would need to buy expensive updates from Garmin probably. Imo too expensive for just simulation.

I agree that a good GTN would be nice. But hey, the new X-Plane GNS just works fine and the real one is installed in many real aircraft anyway.

• Upvote 1

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Still don't know why people keep making such nice add-ons for a dying platform

It maybe an old platform, but it's were most of the users still are. I was a little disappointed that this wasn't made for P3D, as I very rarely use FSX now, and probably won't ever go back to it.

Anyways I heard that this will be also be released for P3D as well as X-Plane

I thought Flight1 weren't releasing anything for P3D, and have in fact gone out of their way to make sure the addons can't be installed on that platform? Also, where did you hear that they are planning an X-Plane version? If this is true, then this is great news (as long as the database is worldwide and not US only).

I think a good solution would be to create a standalone emulator which interfaces directly with the X-Plane/FSX/P3D and can be ran on something like an iPad or Android tablet. It won't gobble up frames this way, and can be used on a touch screen just like the real device. Also more importantly, it could use data from Navigraph and aerosoft.

They are making a P3D version, but expect it to cost more money and it will come from Flight1 Tech (their real world aviation based company)

I don't know about a XP version

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It maybe an old platform, but it's were most of the users still are. I was a little disappointed that this wasn't made for P3D, as I very rarely use FSX now, and probably won't ever go back to it.

I thought Flight1 weren't releasing anything for P3D, and have in fact gone out of their way to make sure the addons can't be installed on that platform? Also, where did you hear that they are planning an X-Plane version? If this is true, then this is great news (as long as the database is worldwide and not US only).

I think a good solution would be to create a standalone emulator which interfaces directly with the X-Plane/FSX/P3D and can be ran on something like an iPad or Android tablet. It won't gobble up frames this way, and can be used on a touch screen just like the real device. Also more importantly, it could use data from Navigraph and aerosoft.

Heres the P3D version - 65 dollars

http://www.flight1tech.com/Products/AvionicsSimulations/F1TGTN.aspx

Rich Sennett

Hi,

I'm a privat pilot and I just made my IFR licence some weeks ago. In order to continue training on simulator, I'm looking for a plane with Aspen avionics and Garmin GTN 650 GPS under x-plane.

I have bought some time ago the bonanza of Carenado which is quite nice. But I have not yet found a solution to plug a GTN 650.

I have the GTN 650 simulator of Garmin on my PC and my ipad, so if there's any possiblity to link those, it would be excellet.

Reading this thread give me some hope that this might be possible some day. Do you have any news?

i thank you in advance !

Denis

Let's keep asking for it. Maybe F1 is listening. More identical products for X-Plane and Prepar3D would help both platforms in the long run, IMHO.  

Hans

Who do I have to kiss to get the X-plane 11 version up and running?… Currently it's giving me errors in X-plane 10,  as I install it into my X-Plane 10 folder, it says this is not X plane 9!

The documentation indicates that version support for 9 AND 10...with 11 support later...later when?

Seasons greetings to all,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

You install XP10 - in its own folder and XP11 in its own folder not all in same folder if I am reading your post correctly

Who do I have to kiss to get the X-plane 11 version up and running?… Currently it's giving me errors in X-plane 10,  as I install it into my X-Plane 10 folder, it says this is not X plane 9!

Rich Sennett

You install XP10 - in its own folder and XP11 in its own folder not all in same folder if I am reading your post correctly

Rich,

I was talking about the RX P GTN 750

for X plane.

Thanks,

Chas

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Do you have XP10 installed? I'm not sure if it will install to XP11 at the moment.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Do you have XP10 installed? I'm not sure if it will install to XP11 at the moment.

yup...and purchasing XP11 gave me an XP 10 license...so no CD/DVD NEEDED ANYMORE

Thanks,

Chas

There are instructions on .org on how to install it in XP11. I'm still trying to figure out how that person got it working in the XP default C172 3D cockpit.  As a popup gauge its certainly great, but it really needs to be embedded in the VC.