Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Flight1 - Garmin GTN 750/650 for X-Plane

You might want to review this in the Reality XP support forum thread talking about XP11 installation.

This applies both to the RXP GTN 750 Touch and RXP GTN 650 Touch simulation products:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/499425-cannot-install-the-rxpgtn-750-xpl-into-xplane-11/

Obviously, the same shall apply for our upcoming GNS 530 WAAS and GNS 430 WAAS for X-Plane if they have not released v11 before we do.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

There are instructions on .org on how to install it in XP11. I'm still trying to figure out how that person got it working in the XP default C172 3D cockpit.  As a popup gauge its certainly great, but it really needs to be embedded in the VC.

Try this post, get that dropbox link too

http://www.avsim.com/topic/498512-flying-rxp-gtn-in-xp11-beta/page-2#entry3527086

And you should end up with something like this (assuming you own both the RXP GTN 750 and 650).  If you only have 1 you can still use it, just the other unit will be blank.

rxpinvcxp11.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Will this integration work with the default Cessna 172 in XP11?

Also if we purchased F1 GTN 650/750 for P3D, can we get a discount for the X-Plane version?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Ryan,

Thanks, I'll try it even though the method creates a non-working (display only) 3D version in parallel with the normal 2D popup. I must have missed the last few posts in that thread and I assumed that it was a true 3D implementation. Either RXP or a user like bluebell2 will eventually figure it out.

Jay

Also if we purchased F1 GTN 650/750 for P3D, can we get a discount for the X-Plane version?

It's a totally different developer RXP that did the XP version.

I'll try it even though the method creates a non-working (display only) 3D version in parallel with the normal 2D popup.

Try making a full copy of the default C172. Then copy the content of the dropbox folder into this copy. Finally, delete all C172 files in the main folder of the aircraft and leave only the one labeled GTN. That worked for me. 

Hans

Well... Your suggestion worked for XP10. But for XP11 beta 3 it crashed when I loaded the modified aircraft with some error about the master bank. It looks like it's related to this:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/111375-new-flight-master-banks-error-crash-to-desktop/

Sorry that it didn't work. I am away from my XP computer. If I manage to simulate anything on a laptop I'll post again.  

Hans

Thanks. I'll keep plugging away. It's possible that I don't have the same file content for the modified aircraft in XP10 and XP11, but I can't seem to find the discrepancy. Or it is just a bug in the beta 3. The popup GTN 750 works like a charm in XP11, though.

The XP 10 Cessna isn't compatible with 11 is it? Is that causing an issue?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Is bluebell2's mod based on the XP10 version? I'm not going to worry about it for now as it is just some random eye candy. RXP will figure out how to do it correctly, but my guess is that they are still working on official XP11 compatibility for the popup gauge.

Still trying to get the GTN to work in X-Plane 10. Only blank screen. Have done total remove and install of Reality XP, and rxpGTN. Still loads with blank screen.

I've heard of a "patch", but yet to have found a link to such patch. Not really concearned about XP11 install yet, just want to get my XP10 working with the GTN.

The latest installer was done today. It is Version  2.2.4.0

Thank you,

Tommy

I pay garmin for updates for a real gtn 750. Does anybody know how to extract the data from my GTN's sd card and port it to the trainer?

Still trying to get the GTN to work in X-Plane 10. Only blank screen. Have done total remove and install of Reality XP, and rxpGTN. Still loads with blank screen.

I've heard of a "patch", but yet to have found a link to such patch. Not really concearned about XP11 install yet, just want to get my XP10 working with the GTN.

The latest installer was done today. It is Version  2.2.4.0

Thank you,

Tommy

uninstall the garmin trainer from your computer. Then run the reality xp installer. Let the installer install the trainer.

AMD 5800X | Nvidia 3090 FE | Samsung CRG9 49 inch monitor | Samsung M.2 NVMe 1TB|  3, 1TB SSDs| 32GB DDR4 @3600 cl 16| Windows 10|X-plane 11, MS2020

I've done complete removal and install, including the trainer. Last night makes it my 8th attempt.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

I'm not sure why some were saying flight1 didnt have a gtn 750 for P3D.. i have it :)  (I still feel there are alot of aspects better than xplane11, as i switch back and forth between sims.. i think this year once 64bit arrives, things will even out, maybe)..

At any rate.. for those talking about a GTN mod.. is this the RealityXP version, not Flight1 right?

Is the summary of the situation currently, that the mod that was done for the cessna 172 was an XP10.. and this same mod is NOT working in XP11 beta 3 currently?

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

The mod for the Cessna only works in xp11.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |