Sign in to follow this  
strider1

8 Beers That You Should Stop Drinking Immediately

8 Beers That You Should Stop Drinking Immediately

http://themindunleashed.org/2014/05/8-beers-stop-drinking-immediately.html

"With cheap beer – you are not just getting a cheap buzz, you are getting the worst of the worst. Just like with cheap fast food – if you don’t invest in your beer – you will be drinking a lower quality product like Pabst Blue Ribbon that is made from GMO Corn and Corn Syrup." Foodbabe.com

http://foodbabe.com/2013/07/17/the-shocking-ingredients-in-beer/

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

I read this the other day; with the exception of two (Newcastle and Guinness) I don't drink any of those beers anyway, they just taste like nasty water to me.

Samuel Scully

Craft beers have my full attention right now.

John

As someone who's taken a lot of upper level university chemistry, this statement in particular just kills me:

"The Newcastle beer has been found to contain caramel coloring. Class 3 and 4 caramel coloring is made from ammonia, which is classified as a carcinogen."

I could make you a large amount of completely safe pure water or pure oxygen gas right this second out of several highly poisonous and carcinogenic compounds. The chemical precursor to some compound doesn't magically transfer its properties to the new product compound after a reaction. A molecule is *always* the same molecule no matter where it came from. This is a core principle in the science - nothing in chemistry works without it. You can make water out of some of the most poisonous compounds known to man, it's still nothing but two hydrogen atoms and an oxygen atom and has no ill-effects. It isn't made poisonous just because the compounds that reacted to produce it are.

This article is psuedoscience/psuedomedical junk I'm afraid. In actual science, evidence is provided to back up claims - people can't just declare their claims to be self-evident. (ie all the anti-GMO stuff here)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Beer is for frankfurters; a clean whisky will do wonders for the constitution, and "It'll cure your Asthma, too..."

LOL :P

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

This article is psuedoscience/psuedomedical junk I'm afraid. In actual science, evidence is provided to back up claims - people can't just declare their claims to be self-evident. (ie all the anti-GMO stuff here)

GMO is a real problem in terms of biodiversity.

As someone who's taken a lot of upper level university chemistry, this statement in particular just kills me:

Interesting to find another like mind.  I actually majored in chemistry and was a teaching assistant for 300 level organic chemistry.  I also agree with  your setiments on this article.  I just happen to now have a Doctorate of Medicine now and with a lot of high level biology as well, have to say to the claims against GMO are varied, but mostely unfounded.  Bad can come of GMO, but nearly all products labeled GMO have little risk associated with them.

Eric Szczesniak

The Brits will understand (and maybe some other Eurozone types); thank god the "wife beater" was not on the list.

My experience has been that most articles titled and written in the 

[quantity of something] that [something something something] 

format are usually laden with half-truths, pseudoscience, hearsay, old wives' tales and illogical conjecture.  Their purpose is to attract attention and generate page views, not disseminate reliable and useful information.

Richard P. Kelly

The US craft beer industry is on fire right now. Even in Florida some reputable names are popping up, one being Funky Buddha Brewery right down the road from my house. Good stuff.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

GMO is a real problem in terms of biodiversity.

Yep. I sure hope the proposed free trade agreement between EU and the US won't flood our markets with any GM products that don't clearly say they include GM ingredients, or even better, no GMO rubbish at all. I simply don't like the idea of humans systematically altering plants / animals to fit their own needs.

I don't see the point of GMO anyway. World is severely overpopulated already + there's no need for increased or cheaper food production in western world. Problems with food production developing world can't be solved through GMO. 

Nah, I think I'll stay away from American beers for now and keep drinking Mojito with Cuban rum in it. B)  

The US craft beer industry is on fire right now. Even in Florida some reputable names are popping up, one being Funky Buddha Brewery right down the road from my house. Good stuff.

And being bought out by the BMC's to crush their competition.  Us home brewers call Anheuser-Busch , Miller and Coors/Molson. BMC's or Lawn Mower beers. :)

You Europeans can complain all you want about GMO hybrids but as the world population grows out of control, tGMO crops increasing yield potential is the only way the world population is going to be fed. I reckon we could let them starve by banning all GMO products! An Iowa Farmer

Yep. I sure hope the proposed free trade agreement between EU and the US won't flood our markets with any GM products that don't clearly say they include GM ingredients, or even better, no GMO rubbish at all. I simply don't like the idea of humans systematically altering plants / animals to fit their own needs.

Dogs. Cats. Horses. Cows. Every other domesticated animal and plant.

Humans have been altering plants and animals to fit their own needs pretty much since there have been humans. (well, at least several thousand years before agriculture & cities were a common practice at any rate).

To me, The worst aspects of GMO stem from copyright and patent laws. Suing people for using 'your company's' genetic code that they 'invented' is total........