Sign in to follow this  
strider1

8 Beers That You Should Stop Drinking Immediately

So Adnams Spindrift and Twickenham Fine Ales were not on the list. Excellent. I will start drinking more of those then Life is hard sometimes.

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

This article is psuedoscience/psuedomedical junk I'm afraid. In actual science, evidence is provided to back up claims - people can't just declare their claims to be self-evident. (ie all the anti-GMO stuff here)

Ditto!

I don't always drink beer, but when I do... craft beers for me, thanks.  But that has nothing to do with these kinds of "oohh, scarey" pseudo-science articles.

Scott

The Brits will understand (and maybe some other Eurozone types); thank god the "wife beater" was not on the list.

Indeed. Filthy slop.

McBeer tastes as bad as McFood and I avoid it like the plague.  This has become a lot easier in Poland in the last few years with the explosion of the micro-brew beer market.  After being a country of mostly awful Eurofizz, we've now matured into a serious real beer player.  I have to work hard to keep the beer/flightsim belly down :-)

The US craft beer industry is on fire right now. Even in Florida some reputable names are popping up, one being Funky Buddha Brewery right down the road from my house. Good stuff.

True. Last time I was in the States a few years ago, I had no idea beer existed in the US.  Thought it was just McMiller and that imitation Budweiser dish water.  I was seriously impressed with the micro brew stuff I tried.  I've never been so glad to be proved wrong in my life before.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Indeed. Filthy slop.

I don't think you interpreted my attempt at humor correctly... Where I stayed over the years, The White Hart, Hampton Wick, Stella, the Belgium beer, was referred to as the "Wife Beater" because of its alcohol content. When I go to my favorite watering hole here, I have draft Stella.

The Brits will understand (and maybe some other Eurozone types); thank god the "wife beater" was not on the list.

stella artois?

lol!   yes, it really deserves that title!!   very strong lager.         in england they call the small size tin  "wife beater" and the large sized tin "riot size"  

one of the reasons i chose to work in england though was for the newcastle brown ale.    its the only beer i drink

in one sense all booze is bad for us, so a league table is a bit pointless.    none of it is good for us, but life is about moderation  :)

stella artois?

You win the golden ring Lars.. That's it.

Ditto!

Apologize for going a little off topic but just wanted to pass on a friendly reminder that we have changed our signature policy again and we are kindly asking everyone to please put their system specs and flight sim information in their respective "My Profile". More details can be found at the following link - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/436632-new-signature-rules or under the Forums tab above. Thanks for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I am very happy with the proliferation of craft beers, and bars that connect their taps to kegs of them.  I've always been bothered when I ask "What's on tap?" and I get the decades-old recitation of "Bud, Bud Light, Coors, Coors Light, Miller, MIller Lite...."  Why?  Why pay $5 for a glass of that when it's about 70 cents a can in your refrigerator?  Putting it on tap does little for it.

Stone Breweries' Arrogant B*astard, on the other hand, is worth searching out.  Although it is still pretty good out of the bottle, on tap it's great.

Some beers, in particular Shipyard which is mentioned above, does not translate well to the bottle, but I often go for it on tap.

I remember in High School (remember, this was in the early 80's... 'hey, can you score a six pack for me?') the 'popular' barley pop in our group was Carlsberg Elephant. I could drink four (4) of them (12 oz. bottle) and have a pretty good buzz going. Never drank an entire sixer of the 'ol Pachyderm, but I did drink five of them once. Left the auto at the party, and proceeded to walk home without the need for Lighting apparatus! Of course, the Porcelain God and I had some words later on in the early AM...

As I said earlier, I will stick with my favorite whiskey (with some moderation, of course)... Stranahans Colorado Whiskey. Smooth going down, and no ill effects afterwards!

B)

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Stranahans Colorado Whiskey.

Despite looking at the prominent "Stranahans" sign at Coors Field through many Colorado Rockies games, I still haven't tried it.  Maybe I should, though I'm a Macallan single malt guy when it comes to Whisky (without an e in the case of good single malts).

Scott

Would never drink those from that list, I'm mainly a Stella Artois drinker. Some Steamwhistle and Sleemans as well, not sure how good those 2 are.

I don't think you interpreted my attempt at humor correctly... Where I stayed over the years, The White Hart, Hampton Wick, Stella, the Belgium beer, was referred to as the "Wife Beater" because of its alcohol content. When I go to my favorite watering hole here, I have draft Stella.

Indeed not. The problem with the good beers is that, at my age, I end up all muddled :-)

Indeed not. The problem with the good beers is that, at my age, I end up all muddled :-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)