Sign in to follow this  
kmw510

FMC Plans Spiral Path to Waypoint

After programming the fmc with the peble 4 STAR from San Diego the fmc path includes a spiral to the medley waypoint. Is there a way to correct this? I don't believe actual planes do this

Yeah, the real plane doesn't do that. I do the PEBLE4 quite often. I'd  say they coded something wrong on the SID, maybe. You could do that SID conventionally or try to fix the LEGS.

How about a screenshot?

Matt Cee

hmm i had something similar a few days ago.

spin737 this one is for you matey with your experience. i set up a STAR and transition and the trans connecting to the STAR wasn't smooth like a nice curve or a straightline. it was kinda like a half a hook then the round part would go straight on? if you get the picture lol is this normal in real life? the 737 flew it no bother

Vernon Howells

Yes

FIG 1-2-2

Track to Fix Leg Type

The bottom pict dude

And fig 121

Vernon Howells

Yes

So did reading that article answer your question on whether it is normal or not?

Kyle Rodgers

The spiral to the waypoint does not look like a flyover or flyby. It was simply a straight line to the waypoint and just before the line did a complete 360 before hitting the waypoint

did a complete 360 before hitting the waypoint

The technical term for that is a "Whifferdill." (Okay, that's what we've always called it, anyway.) That usually means there's a fix out of order or something. Fine for airshows, not for airlines.

Post some pics!

Matt Cee

After programming the fmc with the peble 4 STAR from San Diego the fmc path includes a spiral to the medley waypoint. Is there a way to correct this? I don't believe actual planes do this

Does it look like a holding pattern? Because i get them just have to delete the last waypoint in that spiral or holding pattern

Vernon Howells