Sign in to follow this  
Altitudefreedom

Hi From Silverstone UK

Hi everyone

Been on and off with flightsim as life allows really but now am able to spend more time on this great hobby now and hopefully learn more along the way.

Enjoy flying the iFly 737 at the moment and will move on to other aircraft as I get to a competent stage with that.

Hope to make some new flightsim friends and get more out of the hobby.

Mark

*waves*

Judging from your picture you have a little 'un about the same age as mine - great fun and love him to bits but it doesn't leave much time for simming!

*waves*

Judging from your picture you have a little 'un about the same age as mine - great fun and love him to bits but it doesn't leave much time for simming!

Hi Turbo

Yes Jacob is 2 in September and is brilliant. already have him pointing into the sky when he hears planes and choppers. Hopefully he can be my co pilot when he gets older  :lol:

Simming is restricted but I'm squeezing it in when I can. 

:biggrin:

James was 2 in March and he's been able to identify vapour trails for a little while - he surprises people when he points at the sky and says 'vapour trail'  :lol: He gets his first trip on a jet just next week when we fly Easyjet to Faro on hols - am really hoping it's not too much for him and that he'll enjoy it.

As you might guess from my avatar I'm a bit of a racing fan - do you make the most of being near the home of British motorsport or is it not your bag?

:biggrin:

James was 2 in March and he's been able to identify vapour trails for a little while - he surprises people when he points at the sky and says 'vapour trail'  :lol: He gets his first trip on a jet just next week when we fly Easyjet to Faro on hols - am really hoping it's not too much for him and that he'll enjoy it.

As you might guess from my avatar I'm a bit of a racing fan - do you make the most of being near the home of British motorsport or is it not your bag?

Hi Turbo

Jacob always pointing to sky but words not with him yet. Jacob flew to Crete not long after he turned 1. He was no trouble at all.

I am a huge F1 fan and go to Silverstone when I can for British GP, not been since 2012 due to Jacob being too young and my girlfriend loves the sport too. I am fortunate enough to have my dream job working just up the a43 in Brackley for Mercedes F1.

Most weekends you can hear buzzing of engines which is nice.

Mark

How far are you from the race track? Sounds like you are pretty close. I like F1 too.

Hi Turbo

Jacob always pointing to sky but words not with him yet. Jacob flew to Crete not long after he turned 1. He was no trouble at all.

I am a huge F1 fan and go to Silverstone when I can for British GP, not been since 2012 due to Jacob being too young and my girlfriend loves the sport too. I am fortunate enough to have my dream job working just up the a43 in Brackley for Mercedes F1.

Most weekends you can hear buzzing of engines which is nice.

Mark

I took our little man to our local aerodrome yesterday (Headcorn) and they gave us a tour of the hangar - he was more interested in pointing out the ride on lawn mower than looking at most of the aircraft inside, he'll learn  :lol:

Your job  :O Now I'm suitably jealous  B)

Looks like you're a cert for both the titles this season - I've always been a Lewis fan so my allegiances lie with him. I actually know someone else who works for Mercedes F1 - a chap called Dan Milner? I know it's a big team so just on the off chance - I know him through the kart racing in my avatar - he's annoyingly good!

Hi there buddy and welcome. I just joined myself and like you have been on and off with Flight Simulator. The B737 is definitely a great plane to get familiar with and learn. That was my weapon of Choice as well and still is. I just started to do some flights in a 777, I absolutely love that plane. :)

Anything you need, just ask bud.

-David

Hi there buddy and welcome. I just joined myself and like you have been on and off with Flight Simulator. The B737 is definitely a great plane to get familiar with and learn. That was my weapon of Choice as well and still is. I just started to do some flights in a 777, I absolutely love that plane. :)

Anything you need, just ask bud.

Cheers Chris, enjoying the iFly loads.

I took our little man to our local aerodrome yesterday (Headcorn) and they gave us a tour of the hangar - he was more interested in pointing out the ride on lawn mower than looking at most of the aircraft inside, he'll learn  :lol:

Your job  :O Now I'm suitably jealous  B)

Looks like you're a cert for both the titles this season - I've always been a Lewis fan so my allegiances lie with him. I actually know someone else who works for Mercedes F1 - a chap called Dan Milner? I know it's a big team so just on the off chance - I know him through the kart racing in my avatar - he's annoyingly good!

Yes Lewis fan here, hoping for another successful weekend in Montreal. I don't know Dan but like you say it is a big team.

How far are you from the race track? Sounds like you are pretty close. I like F1 too.

I live in the village so the track is 2 mins in car or 20-30 min walk.