Sign in to follow this  
Paul_

Aerosoft Airports & P3D v2.2

Hi everyone

Has anyone had any problems trying to install any of the Aerosoft Airports into P3D

I have a brand new vanilla installation of P3D v2.2 and then tried installing an airport

As soon as I started the sim before it loaded the sim crashed with an error ...... The app error was   BEX

Thank goodness I created a restore point before installing the airport

P3D is now working again

If anyone knows of a fix or a workaround I'd appreciate it

I am using the Migration Tool 

Also I am pretty sure the airports loaded in fine with V2.1

Thanks in advance

:rolleyes: 

If the airports are NOT designed for P3D v 2.2 they will NOT work to 100% regardless of witch migration tool you use. They MUST have a P3D v 2.2 installer v 2.1 and 2.2 are designed a bit differently.

Those that I have moved over with the Estonia tool have installed fine but there are issues still unresolved with the lights, LM fixed some with 2.2 but the problem is that Aerosofts various Dev teams seem to have been using a variety of techniques so some remain unfixed, hopefully 2.3 will help but I feel that some will need re making by Aerosoft

The only one I have not been able to get running properly is Trondheim Vaernes ENVA which will not show the runway extension built into the sea, so I have written that one off for now.

I used the EMT with mine but still had to remove a reference to Vistamare(sp?) from dlls.xml iirc

Aerosoft Airports will install a folder "vistamare" (for AES lite etc)

There is a DLL inside which will crash P3D.

Simply delete the complete folder and you're good to go.

Doesn't do anything as AES Lite will not work in P3D

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TurboTomato and guenseli ..... You are complete STARS!!!  

Thank you very much indeed .. that worked a treat  :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

I have installed several Aerosoft airports using the EMT, and everything seems fine to me. I hadn't heard of this VistaMare folder, but checked in my P3D folder and there it is.  However, I have been flying these airports even with this VistaMare folder and my system hasn't crashed. Reluctant to delete the folder as it doesn't seem to be giving me a problem. Are you sure this folder doesn't have some needed functions?

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

It happen a few time to me. got to reinstall everything. its not only with aerosoft , its with other one to.

Hi Aviatorman

How weird that your's doesn't crash with the Vistamare folder still present in P3D!!

There was no way P3D would work for me until I deleted that folder

Thankfully everything is good to go now :-)

Ahhh .. thank you for pointing that out Dondy

Much appreciated

Hi Aviatorman

How weird that your's doesn't crash with the Vistamare folder still present in P3D!!

There was no way P3D would work for me until I deleted that folder

Thankfully everything is good to go now :-)

The folder's presence won't be a problem as long as the Vistamare dll is not loaded via the dll.xml file.  Vistamare is a low-level hack into the FS9/FSX code, and as such won't work with P3D.  You can eliminate the problem either by removing/renaming/moving the folder, by removing the Vistamare entry from the dll.xml, or (assuming P3D's dll.xml still works the same as FSX) by changing the "Disabled" attribute in the dll.xml entry to "True"  Any of these will prevent the dll from trying to load and hooking into the wrong parts of the sim module code.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Cheers Bob

I am sure all of this info will be great for people having problems with installing Aerosoft's Airports 

I just renamed the file ViMaCoreX.dll in the Vistamare to something else. However, at times when installing a new old Aerosoft airport and I forget to delete that file, my P3D crashes on start up.

Of course I could also remove the lines pertaining to this file in DLL.XML but I was too lazy to do that each time again.

Jürgen Martens, DK7HN

The only one I have not been able to get running properly is Trondheim Vaernes ENVA which will not show the runway extension built into the sea, so I have written that one off for now.

Having this same problem with ENVA and I hate it. Has anybody found a good workaround solution for this?