Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Really need help with Global and Vector

For whatever reason, my Global and Vector installations are screwed up.  Several weeks ago when I tried to upgrade Vector, I was getting messages during installation that indicated it was not able to finish the installation because of conflicting paths, and other reasons.  HERE"S WHAT I WANT TO DO.....PLEASE HELP.

I want to completely and CLEANLY uninstall both Global and Vector, and start from scratch with installing Global and Vector.  I've saved the files, but when I try to reinstall over existing programs, it goes bad again.  Please give me a step by step procedure for cleanly uninstalling and reinstalling these 2 wonderful programs....which I can't fly without.

I try to buy as much ORBX sceneries as possible, and I am looking forward to the future with ORBX.

Thank you, and I would appreciate your help here.

Stan

Stan,

Until some experts post here, I found the following link that might help you - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/430718-installing-ftx-global-vector-manually-ftx-config-problem-most-see/.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks., Jim.

Stan

All solved.  I did a careful reinstall of all Global and Vector base and update versions.  After several "restores" and finding out how to handle the "insert disk 2" message, I got it all together.  Took most of Saturday, but my smooth FSX is back better than ever.  Thanks for all the advice.

Stan