Sign in to follow this  
Clint456

Carenado B1900D (novices module?)

LINDA has made a huge difference to my flight-simming experience and I would like to pay back a little to the community by learning how to create a module which I can then share.

So I have had a go at a module for the Carenado B1900D to add some of those functions which are not just the ordinary FSX controls.

I haven't yet learned how to do deal with things like the "initTimer" so it's basically just "ipc.writeLvar" and toggle functions so far.

I'm sure there are plenty of improvements which can be made and it would be great if the more expert members can help or advise if they are interested, but I don't know how to upload the module I have created though (it has about 62 functions), unless I just paste the text into a post which doesn't seem like a good idea.

Where should I go from here? Any help or advice much appreciated

Best Regards

LINDA has made a huge difference to my flight-simming experience and I would like to pay back a little to the community by learning how to create a module which I can then share.

So I have had a go at a module for the Carenado B1900D to add some of those functions which are not just the ordinary FSX controls.

I haven't yet learned how to do deal with things like the "initTimer" so it's basically just "ipc.writeLvar" and toggle functions so far.

I'm sure there are plenty of improvements which can be made and it would be great if the more expert members can help or advise if they are interested, but I don't know how to upload the module I have created though (it has about 62 functions), unless I just paste the text into a post which doesn't seem like a good idea.

Best Regards

Hello Clint,

i dont know how far you came in making a linda module for the B1900. Anyway a good start is assigning the light and pitot switches. I start with the header -- Lights ###### then i move further with the function of the key. I then test it and move on with other switches. Carenados B1900 should be easy as a lot of functions are standard FSX commands. 

To make a startup sequence you should go through the checklist to see what switches has to be pressed.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Best Regards

Quick question Clint456, do you have the module for this plane? if so could you share it?

I just have embarked in this LINDA/LUA adventure and this is the most find I could get on my quest to get this plane switches to work with my hardware.

I really appreciate.

Rick

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

I've completely dismantled my flight sim pc as I am building a new "simpit" so I can't get at the files at the moment and it may be a little while before I'm up and running again.

However, I wlii gladly share the module with you (and the community of course) but, as my original post states, I don't know how to upload it as a file. So I will just have post the text and hope that will be ok.

Please understand that I an very much a novice and there will no doubt be a few issues with what I've done and how I've done it. but that was the point of the original post.

It works for me, I hope it will work OK for you and anyone else. :smile:

Hello Clint,

try via dropbox or google. That should do the trick :) 

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

I've completely dismantled my flight sim pc as I am building a new "simpit" so I can't get at the files at the moment and it may be a little while before I'm up and running again.

However, I wlii gladly share the module with you (and the community of course) but, as my original post states, I don't know how to upload it as a file. So I will just have post the text and hope that will be ok.

Please understand that I an very much a novice and there will no doubt be a few issues with what I've done and how I've done it. but that was the point of the original post.

It works for me, I hope it will work OK for you and anyone else. :smile:

Hi Clint, I did some research and this what I found out, I have asked a admin. and I quote:

Me:

I hope you don't mind ask you a question. a member here has a module for the Carenado B1900d that I would love to get but he doesn't know how to upload the file to the download page. could you let me know so I can show him how.

answer by Jim Young

"No problem with the question. We do not allow uploading attachments as they could contain viruses or malware. I believe Tom, the CEO, will allow some but it has to be personally approved by him. The individual will have to post the module on a storage site like Cloud or Dropbox and then he can provide a link to the download in a PM to you. You do not have to be a member of Cloud or Dropbox to get it. Most of these storage sites allow free uploads up to 1GB of data and that's a lot of data one can maintain for free on the web."

I think you could also upload here:   http://library.avsim.net/

Thanks again 

Rick

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

Here a reply from a member  that has a module published here:

"He can email it as well...there's nothing preventing that.  He needs to zip up the files in the fsx/modules/Linda/aircrafts/[name of aircraft] directory.  If he sends them to Guenter, he will take care of packaging them up and uploading them so the world can use them".

thanks