Sign in to follow this  
Aamir

737 Refund/Discount?

Hi all!

I've been searching through the forums and on the PMDG webpage, and I can't find any information on their refund policies. Could anyone enlighten me on the same?

I'm looking to buy the 737 for FSX, but if the P3Dv2 version releases within 30 days (or we receive any news) I'd like to have the option to refund my product and purchase the P3Dv2 licence. 

This brings me quite neatly to my second point, I understand PMDG are under no obligation to do so, but does anyone know if they will provide a discount for "license-switchers"? I read RSR say that they are looking into a limited offer at release, but haven't heard anything since.

Regards,

Aamir.

Aamir Thacker

Do not worry, I do not expect PMDG P3D aircraft in this year.

PMDG policy for digital copies is: no discounts; no refunds. (based on my experience).

I'm looking to buy the 737 for FSX, but if the P3Dv2 version releases within 30 days (or we receive any news) I'd like to have the option to refund my product and purchase the P3Dv2 licence. 

I highly doubt it'll release any time soon.  Additionally, I doubt they'll offer any incentive to "switch," but that's not anything official, obviously.  At best, they might offer a cut in price similar to how they did the MD-11 if you wanted to purchase it for both FS9 and FSX.  They have a strong policy of no refunds on downloaded products, though, since there's no true way of telling if you've stopped using the other one.  Sure, they can deactivate the license for the next run, but if it's already installed and running, all one needs to do is set up an image with it in its working state and you could keep using it.

Kyle Rodgers

Okie dokes, thanks for all the help gents! I guess I'll just go ahead and purchase it for FSX :)

Aamir Thacker