Sign in to follow this  
pdungan

tuning radios

I was flying a tutorial and navigating to KSEA for when rod Machado instructed me to tune my radios in which I was to tune nav1 to 110.6 which is the frequency for ksea vor. He then told me to tune nav1 standby to 110.3 and nav2 to 115.5.why is this?

I would be flying outbound from the Spokane vor on the 255 redial at fl280-then plan to cross the pae vor at par and then complete an approach into KSEA which i presume would be flying toward idea vor

I would be flying outbound from the Spokane vor on the 255 redial at fl280-then plan to cross the pae vor at par and then complete an approach into KSEA which i presume would be flying toward ksea vor

I would be flying outbound from the Spokane vor on the 255 redial at fl280-then plan to cross the pae vor at par and then complete an approach into KSEA which i presume would be flying toward ksea vor

Mistake in last messsage-cross pae vor at 8000ft

110.60 is PAE VOR

Presume he wants you land on KSEA 16L which is 110.30 ILS so you want that in standby.

115.50 is spokane VOR.

Peter Schluter

Wow all I need to do is do another tutorial where I have to tune the radios myself-cheers