Sign in to follow this  
jpc55

Landing Count Test

So Tom had ask me if the landing on the helipad counted as a landing in my records and I told him I would put it to the test and here are the results.

I landed at Hilo to take on fuel and that gave me a total of 1,525Landings.

With weather set at Among the Giants, I was able to come up with a 19kt wind.

First shot I’m setting up my approach to the pad.

2014-5-30_1.jpg

In this shot I have touched down and get on the brakes to stop, power to idle.

2014-5-30_2.jpg

Here I pan to overhead to see where I had stopped at

2014-5-30_3.jpg

With full flaps, engine at idle, and breaks off, the wind slowly pushes me backward.

2014-5-30_4.jpg

I watch this closely so that I can put on the breaks so that I don’t  allow the tail wheel to get past the edge of the ship.

2014-5-30_5.jpg

Breaks locked up, throttle firewalled, and I let the RPM build up, then release breaks, a short roll

2014-5-30_6.jpg

And into the air.

2014-5-30_7.jpg

I look at my landing count and it did not change, there for it did not count as a landing. (bummer)! :(

Nice job Jack, I will have to try that but don't have much hope. I also show 95 unique aircraft flown. Seems like a lot. I only have 298 unique airports.

I have 2,134 landings and 1,665 dinged aircraft in 381 hrs. :P

Steve

Flight will still work even if Multiplayer does not, so you can dial in the weather and go at it as much as you want. B) 95 unique aircraft flown, 298 unique airports, 2,134 landings, 1,665 dinged aircraft in 381 hrs. What is that saying now-a-days, oh yah, "Good Job" Steve. Well I'll have you know that I have 340 Crashes, and I've walked away from every one of them. :P  Sorry I missed you guys yesterday afternoon. Took some SS each time I went in. Did some slow fly around looking the area over closely. Hope to see you all in there soon. Watch out for Jack :ph34r:

And as always, It's a good day to fly! :lol:  

I was there, was I not visible? I was playing fallow the leader behind you and jack.  I used to fly the canyons a lot with the RV but not so much lately. It was good to get down and dirty again.

Steve

I was only able to fly in the morning yesterday, because the afternoon was filled with another event.

When I went in to the Flight to where I had ended the day before, it had not changed. Tom and Steve were there also and I text and asked if they were seeing the same thing I was, and they did. The RV behind the 51 was a plane that Steve had been in the day before, and also the sunken CC. I was in the 51 the day before. And what makes this funny is that the 51 is bouncing a little on that landing gear, and the sunken CC is slowing spinning around. I’m still trying to figure this one out.

2014-5-31_1.jpg

So Tom suggests running the canyons on Kauai, and I relocate to Princeville (HI01). We take off and I’m following Tom. WE make a run into canyon and as we are turning around, I thought I spotted a UFO, but with things happening so fast, (I had to get my wife to type responses to Tom, because I’m way to busy staying focused on flying in this tight situation) I wasn’t sure. We turn around and head in again and I spot it again. By the time it took me to hit my SS button, I thought I had missed it. I had my wife text Tom and asking if he had seen the it, and he replied he had not. (I had her text him) that it was the second time that I had seen it. Tom has me take the lead and we head into the canyon again. I have thumb on SS button, if I see it again I’m ready, no UFO sighted this time. When I got back home I took a look at the 4 SS I had taken and guess what, I got you.

2014-5-31_2.jpg

I took this one I think just as we were coming out about to make a 180° turn and head back in with me in the lead.

2014-5-31_3.jpg

And returning to Princeville (HI01) and parking.

2014-5-31_4.jpg

Always remember, it’s a good day to fly!

Nicely documented Jack! But now we know how you have time to handle the photography, fly the RV6 at 180+ in tight spaces, and text your friends all at once. Your wife is co-pilot! Nice!