Sign in to follow this  
phoenixfly

Just Curious Prepar3d v2 and FTXGlobal

I was wonder who out there is actually using ftx global with Prepar3d v2? I don't see really that much of an difference in the textures in North America......I have unchecked and checked the orbx lc namerica box and the base in the scenery library. Am I missing something here? The FPS is less when loading this ftxglobal.

ASUS republic of gaming

ASUS Notebook Serise

Intel® Core i7-3630@2.40ghz 2.40ghz

ram 16gb

64 bit operating system x64 based processer

I agree on the day textures, but try the night time.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I was wonder who out there is actually using ftx global with Prepar3d v2? I don't see really that much of an difference in the textures in North America......I have unchecked and checked the orbx lc namerica box and the base in the scenery library. Am I missing something here? The FPS is less when loading this ftxglobal.

You are indeed missing something: you can't disable the FTX Global textures so you are comparing FTX Global textures with FTX Global textures... and that won't make a difference indeed.  ^_^  If you want to see the difference you would have to uninstall FTX Global and restore the original textures: you will DEFINITELY see a difference then...!!!

you can't disable the FTX Global textures

he said "unchecked and checked the orbx lc namerica box", so I think he turned on and off the landclass to see the difference.

I think the P3dV2.2 textures in the North America look more real than ftxglobal base. I guess the question is there a work around to this by keeping ftxglobal for the rest of the world except for Namerica or more specifically Usa?

Orbx LC_N America does NOT turn off FTX Global textures. It only tells the sim which textures to display in certain areas. Also the Orbx LC_N America is not a complete LC set for N America. It is not released yet if You check on the Orbx forum.

The current LC entry in the library I believe was made to change the desert textures displayed in SW US.

I used P3Dv2.2 for a few weeks before I bought ORBX.  I found the difference in textures was a big improvement.

Granted, not as big a difference as the default FSX textures vs ORBX textures.

Ken

ASUS republic of gaming

ASUS Notebook Serise

Intel® Core i7-3630@2.40ghz 2.40ghz

ram 16gb

64 bit operating system x64 based processer

Like has already been mentioned, unticking the OpenLC entries will NOT disable the FTX Global textures, only the landclass modifications.

Once you install FTX Global textures, they are the textures that will always display. The only way to revert to the default textures is to uninstall Global and reinstall your original textures.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

I used P3Dv2.2 for a few weeks before I bought ORBX.  I found the difference in textures was a big improvement.

Granted, not as big a difference as the default FSX textures vs ORBX textures.

Ken

Ehm... the default P3D textures are the exact same as the default FSX textures. You probably thought they looked better due to the better light system in P3D. The difference FTX Global makes is the same in P3D as it is in FSX.

Ehm... the default P3D textures are the exact same as the default FSX textures. You probably thought they looked better due to the better light system in P3D. The difference FTX Global makes is the same in P3D as it is in FSX.

Yes, I always found the default FSX textures washed out. 

FaxCap

Then where wil stutters and fps be less of a nussance...in the default p3dv2.2 or with the ftx global program?

Then where wil stutters and fps be less of a nussance...in the default p3dv2.2 or with the ftx global program?

Hi,

Nope, no change.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I have seen a slight drop in frames and am not that impressed for the price, but the night lights are very nice.  Am going to be switching to Mega scenery EarthV2  soon.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.