Sign in to follow this  
SQUAWKIDENT

Custom Classic's Challenger

Just wanted to cross-post here for those who don't frequent the screenshots forum often.I installed the Challenger yesterday, and I just can't stress how impressed I am with it, and with all you get, for such a low price. With all that Bill and Lynn have given the community for free, I don't even feel like I've "bought" something--rather, I feel like I've shown appreciation for a very rich talent. Screenshots don't show it all, such as the vibration of the canopy in flight, or the rear seat passenger whose head follows you when you pan around the aircraft in spot view.If you love the visibility of a copter, but don't like handling them, this is the bird for you...-Johnhttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=187863&page=

Guest Zevious Zoquis

Yeah its really a great add-on. It's a ton of fun to fly in windy conditions too.

One thing I forgot to mention in my earlier post.I was somewhat put off by the ordering method of the Challenger--basically you sign up with Paypal then email payment to Custom Classics. I was concerned about doing this and waiting for a response. I hardly had time to refresh my web browser when Bill came back with the files I needed. Since they are customized for each user, I was really impressed with the turnaround on this purchase. Bill also keeps a support forum.Imagine that--he has a support forum whereas some developers that sell add-ons for premium prices don't ;-)

Guest Dakota

Bill's stuff is great! His models have always impressed me, especially for the price. If you have not purchased his other planes, I highly recommend all of them! I have had a ball flying every thing he has produced.

But how do I get rid of that girl sitting behind me in my Quad Challenger. Its spooky - I want to replace her with my other-half;)Otherwise a fantastic addon.Adam

Actually, I think you'll need to edit qpass.bmp, which is in the Flight Simulator 9 "Textures" folder. Just about any good head shot will do, center it as best you can so the face fills about the center third of the 256x256 bitmap.To change the name on the helmet, you have to go into each aircraft's texture folder and change QCA1T.BMP-John