Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

Suggest REX Ocean / Inland water setting?

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to set the sliders for Ocean & Inland water textures in REX Essential +, in order to get a good colour for Northern Europe seas & rivers. They always seem far to blue and untypical,but I am unsure of how far to adjust the various sliders.

Any options would be welcome?

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Here on West Coast of the United States, the water is very dark because it is rich in microbial life due to the cold temperatures. At least that's what they told me in my marine biology class in college. I believe the Atlantic and waters around Northern Europe are similarly dark. I rember flying into Copenhagen and seeing a dark, steely sea below. I've found the best way to set REX essentials to get the glassy dark look is with low saturation, low brightness, and heavy contrast if I remember correctly. I thought the inland water was far too brown so I lowered the saturation and also made it more more green.