Sign in to follow this  
Caribpilot

Regional Jets

Any plans on a Businessjet ? There is no great Businessjet out there and a lot of people waiting for one!

Greats

Paul Ziegler

There's the 737 BBJ from PMDG.

Cristi Neagu

Last I heard, PMDG said no to business jets because the market is just too small for it.

I don't think it's on any development schedule.

...plus, if ever it were possible to make an airplane look like a short bus, Embraer succeeded.  The thing looks worse than the A380.

you gotta be kidding! The E170 and E190 series are great looking aircraft!

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Guys, let's not start a debate about the looks of aircraft here. 

Whatever they decide to do next it will always raise the bar even further. I mean who saw something like the NGX or the 777 coming?

There's the 737 BBJ from PMDG.

Well not really - the 737BBJ has more Range etc. there is only the 737-900/800/700/600 but no BBJ1/2/3

What about the Eaglesoft Citation X. I have always thought about buying this.

Yeah you are right the system simulation is good, but the VC looks not that good...

Guys, let's not start a debate about the looks of aircraft here. 

Honestly, I don't see why not...the question has already been answered, so it's not like we're distracting from fact finding here.

you gotta be kidding! The E170 and E190 series are great looking aircraft!

You're havin' a laugh, right?  All it makes me think is "aww, that's cute...it thinks it's mainline..."

(for those of you not up to speed with airline lingo, that's basically saying "aww, it thinks it's a real plane, worthy of a mainline carrier and not a regional carrier")

Kyle Rodgers

We yet to get the sp for 777, 777-300 which doesn't even appear to be in beta, sp2 for NGX and the 747 v2.0. And what ever the mystery development is along with the dc6

So bit pointless talking about business or regional jets, based on the present time frames things taking(done when it's done remember - but then patched) it's not going to be 2016 till we would ever see even an idea about it and by then anything could have happened with prepare, xplane or in fact some new sim(can only but dream)

Of course not quite as bad as waiting for the other most used aircraft - airbus from fslabs

Considering that there were over 1000 EMB170/190 series built, it is a VERY popular aircraft. The JS41 only had about 100 built......

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

I actually really like the E-jets. They're like a tiny 787.

Although, I'm not sure whether it's THE add on I'd like to see PMDG tackle after they've finished what they are working on now...

Any plans on a Businessjet ? There is no great Businessjet out there and a lot of people waiting for one!

Greats

Paul Ziegler

That market's probably much smaller than you'd suspect Paul. Developing a bizjet would be just as much work as doing an airliner for us (even more so if you're talking about one of the brand new planes like a G650 or Falcon 9X) and I think we all know which one's going to give us a better return. I wish it wasn't this way, but it is.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Considering that there were over 1000 EMB170/190 series built, it is a VERY popular aircraft. The JS41 only had about 100 built......

There were alternate reasons for making the JS41, though.  You need only get as far as page 6 of either the intro manual or the tutorial to see why...

(RSR flew them, mainly, but it was also somewhat of a testbed for some of the concepts used in the NGX)

Kyle Rodgers

If any PMDG representative sees this...

Just for consideration purposes, if the Dash 8 isn't profitable for your team anymore, an ATR would be a great place to go.

One regional carrier (LIAT) has ordered a whole 7 600 series (42 & 72) in the past year, with intention of replacing an older Dash-8 300 system. Its an extremely versatile aircraft and I have the pleasure of working with them daily on the ramp.

By no means should you rely on my reply to guide you, it is however, food for thought.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

ATR orders have grown significantly but it still hasn't captured the U.S market sufficiently. I am sure MJC will look at this as a possible project after their Q300.

You can't get more popular than regional airliners. The A3XX line is already being developed by 2-3 developers so entering that market would be a wise move. The CRJ line is also being covered and this only leave Embraer.

Aircraft such as the E175 and E190s have become very popular in recent times and if many people were willing to purchase a very rare aircraft such as the JS41 simply because of its advanced programming, how much more so an aircraft that has had over 1000 models built and can be seen at almost every airport?

Ultimately I know its PMDG's decision but I can't help but be interested in knowing what's up their sleeve since they have basically said "no" to many popular aircraft.

The only other aircraft that may be worth their time would be a 767 or 787 but after that there really isn't anything else left.

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

ATR orders have grown significantly but it still hasn't captured the U.S market sufficiently. 

Yes, this is very true and may be a factor to consider. 

EDIT:

The Embraer line is growing as previously stated and I wouldn't mind a 190/175 line myself.

Thanks to AE the ERJ 145 Family is also fairly popular, I have been fortunate enough to fly on a couple myself, apart from Feelthere/Wilco they (Embraer regional jet family) haven't had much attention. 

Not sure what PMDG will do but I'm sure it will be exciting...

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Guest JustanotherPilot

Feelthere did the E175-195 series, they're okay but let down severely on the VC texturing and detail. Not my preferred aircraft addon.