Sign in to follow this  
Caribpilot

Regional Jets

I worked with the e-jets for 5 years. fine aircraft. The wilco/Feelthere is not bad. I would give every last cent for the 757 to be given a fair representation though. Pity that airplane has never been given a good rendition.

I worked with the e-jets for 5 years. fine aircraft. The wilco/Feelthere is not bad. I would give every last cent for the 757 to be given a fair representation though. Pity that airplane has never been given a good rendition.

Matt Bartels

The only other aircraft that may be worth their time would be a 767 or 787 but after that there really isn't anything else left.

Actually, by the time they get the 787 out (if they decide to), the 737 MAX should be in service.

P.S. I am not implying that PMDG moves too slow. To paraphrase Treebeard: It takes a long time to produce a quality simulation, and they don't produce a simulation unless it's worth taking a long time to make it.

Cristi Neagu

...plus, if ever it were possible to make an airplane look like a short bus, Embraer succeeded. The thing looks worse than the A380.

The A380 looks a lot better than the Belgua (and that's saying something)...

Brand new feature for FSX: smoke that actually comes out of your computer. ( I kid! I kid!)

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Only do the Embraer 175/190 if you're going to do them accurately. You have to make the computers shut down at the gate requiring a complete hard reboot by shutting down the APU and letting the passengers sit in the dark for about 10 minutes. :lol:

NAX669.png

Come on! No ejet love?? The 190 is a mainline aircraft at Airways/American and JetBlue. Same amount of passengers as a 717 and no one has to suffer in the middle seat cause there aren't any. Beautiful airplane, especially the new winglet 175s that are on the line these days.

Erik Otterson

MSP

Zero love for the E-Jets...absolutely none.

1. They're - in my opinion - the worst looking aircraft to be currently flying the skies.
  2. They're considered regional aircraft, which means mainline gate planners usually haven't a clue in the slightest where they should go, which causes the next issue:
  3. They need air stairs or a gate, but gate planners usually just think "RJ, they can go to the surface gates...no problem!  Good luck finding stairs, guys!!!"
  4. The bag bins are worse than an MD80s.  If any rampies are on here, you'll know my pain.  If you're not a rampie, then think of this: imagine a room that's just too small for just about anything.  You can't stand, and you can't just hunch over.  You have to load bags while on your knees (better have knee pads), which means you lose most of your leverage and speed.  Oh, and the icing on the cake?  The fire detectors are protected by a flattened steel cage.  No, not rolled steel like the CRJs (thanks Canadians), where if you bump your head, you just bump your head.  No, here, we have flattened steel so that when you bump your head, it's like being attacked by a dull knife to your scalp.  Brilliant design guys.  Just...all around...gold star!
  5. The yoke.  That's all I can say about it.  It kinda speaks for itself.
  6. The rest of the flight deck looks cheaper than some of the home cockpits you see here.
  7. Was the intention to make the gear handle as tiny as humanly possible?
  8. I'll stop here...

Kyle Rodgers

Externally I think they look pretty good, but I definitely agree with the cockpit/yoke comments.

an ATR would be a great place to go.

ATR orders have grown significantly

Razbam are developing an ATR, so I doubt PMDG would do one as well (same situation as the no 757 due to LDS, but lets not go there)

I think the ejets are quality aircraft they set a new role in regional jets when they we made, yeah kind of crazy shaped nose but that's what makes them different!

• (...) The bag bins are worse than an MD80s.  If any rampies are on here, you'll know my pain.  If you're not a rampie, then think of this: imagine a room that's just too small for just about anything.  You can't stand, and you can't just hunch over.  You have to load bags while on your knees (better have knee pads), which means you lose most of your leverage and speed.  Oh, and the icing on the cake?  The fire detectors are protected by a flattened steel cage.  No, not rolled steel like the CRJs (thanks Canadians), where if you bump your head, you just bump your head.  No, here, we have flattened steel so that when you bump your head, it's like being attacked by a dull knife to your scalp.  Brilliant design guys.  Just...all around...gold star!
  • (...)

Imagine this simulated in AES and GSX!!   :P

they set a new role in regional jets when they we made

I'm not entirely convinced that this is a good thing.  What do you mean by "new role in regional jets?"  Blurring the lines between mainline and regional?  Letting mainline outsource larger aircraft to regional carriers so that they could move more people for less?

Imagine this simulated in AES and GSX!!  

ha - if only...I'm sure more people would being to agree with me in absolutely despising this plane.  It's ugly looking, and a pain to work with.

Kyle Rodgers

Well they where pretty much the first 100seat rj's with jet engines under the wings before hand it was crj's that dominated or props, anyways not up for debate everyone has there opinion and that's what makes aviation good!

veryone has there opinion and that's what makes aviation good!

Discussion while you're sitting behind a computer screen is good. A captain and FO arguing over a decision (that doesn't affect the safety of the flight) the captain made and the FO doesn't like it? Not so much.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Ok...I'll give you the fire detectors in the forward cargo bin...not the best call with that location.  But comfort wise its way above the CRJs.  Thanks double bubble!  And the Rams horns take a little getting used to but they are actually quite comfortable once you get used to them!  Not to mention auto-throttles and fly-by-wire goodies, its a fantastic aircraft.  If I have to ride on a CRJ...I won't I'll take an Ejet.

Erik Otterson

1. They're - in my opinion - the worst looking aircraft to be currently flying the skies.
  2. They're considered regional aircraft, which means mainline gate planners usually haven't a clue in the slightest where they should go, which causes the next issue:
  3. They need air stairs or a gate, but gate planners usually just think "RJ, they can go to the surface gates...no problem!  Good luck finding stairs, guys!!!"
  4. The bag bins are worse than an MD80s.  If any rampies are on here, you'll know my pain.  If you're not a rampie, then think of this: imagine a room that's just too small for just about anything.  You can't stand, and you can't just hunch over.  You have to load bags while on your knees (better have knee pads), which means you lose most of your leverage and speed.  Oh, and the icing on the cake?  The fire detectors are protected by a flattened steel cage.  No, not rolled steel like the CRJs (thanks Canadians), where if you bump your head, you just bump your head.  No, here, we have flattened steel so that when you bump your head, it's like being attacked by a dull knife to your scalp.  Brilliant design guys.  Just...all around...gold star!
  5. The yoke.  That's all I can say about it.  It kinda speaks for itself.
  6. The rest of the flight deck looks cheaper than some of the home cockpits you see here.
  7. Was the intention to make the gear handle as tiny as humanly possible?
  8. I'll stop here...

You base your opinion entirely on a baggage compartment? The fact that you corrolate an engine under the wing with mainline is amusing at best! Oh, and the yoke? Yeah, its actually pretty comfortable. It's nice having a place to rest your hands while you fly. No joke!! Whats this talk about flight decks looking cheap? Its about what the airplane can do. The airplane you speak of....avionics wise, can do a lot of stuff. I mean a lot of stuff. It may be an RJ...but it can fly like mainline. Since when does anyone care about a gear handle......its a gear handle.....it serves one purpose....to command the gear up or down.

Im not some advocate for the airplane itself but you sure are showing your naivety here....just sayin.

I'm not entirely convinced that this is a good thing.  What do you mean by "new role in regional jets?"  Blurring the lines between mainline and regional?  Letting mainline outsource larger aircraft to regional carriers so that they could move more people for less?

ha - if only...I'm sure more people would being to agree with me in absolutely despising this plane.  It's ugly looking, and a pain to work with.

Agree with you on mainline and regionals and the role regionals play. However, who gave up the scope in the first place? Everyone is so quick to jump on regionals as they came in and stole the flying. The fact is that, the super senior guys ant the mainline carriers gave scope away at the cost of the junior guys. Its sad to say the least.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

That market's probably much smaller than you'd suspect Paul. Developing a bizjet would be just as much work as doing an airliner for us (even more so if you're talking about one of the brand new planes like a G650 or Falcon 9X) and I think we all know which one's going to give us a better return. I wish it wasn't this way, but it is.

I was just thinking about this and since it was mentioned... the G650 (I just had the thought for the first time a few minutes ago and I'm sure it's probably been talked about here before)...Gulfsteam aircraft! A HD...PMDG caliber gulfsteam would be absolutely amazing!

I know there are issues with them sending cease and desist letters to third party FSX "developers"(I've heard about this happening to people on the free sites) But a company like PMDG could maybe get a license? 

The next 777 service pack, 747 2.0, DC-6...it might be 2016 or 17...It might be Prepar3d etc but they(PMDG) will continue to make Flight Sim addons. Couldn't imagine them not but no matter what the future holds I'm sure it's going to be awesome at PMDG.

Respectfully,

David Hallyburton 

PS...my next choice would be the Learjet 25