Sign in to follow this  
rparson99

A2A C172 & Cherokee P3d support

I purchased both for P3d and I am truly enjoying the experience of them in the Sim. These are top notch simulations... from the sound of air rushing by, to the feeling of flight, while you navigate.

The environment provided by P3d and other top notch accessories like orbx, Rex, ezdok, trackir, ASN, and so forth.... :-D really raises immersion to new heights!..and still keeping it affordable!!

Cheers.

Agreed! Although 'affordable' isn't the word that came to my mind when I had to fork out 80 bucks for the Cherokee 180 P3D Pro license... Still, it is worth every cent so I am not complaining. ^_^ The A2A C172 was my favorite GA up to now but the Cherokee 180 easily took the number one spot because it's so much nicer than the rather boring looking C172 (which isn't A2A's fault but Cessna's!). And I don't really like high wings too...

I haven't bitten the bullet on the A2A planes yet but this has me excited to do so!

It's easy to look pass these planes when the bigger more sophisticated projects get more notice... But these a2a planes are even more sophisticated in the sense that they have more depth to the things they model... even to the point of modeling maintenance and faults. Truly good stuff...

I've been a big fan of A2A since their Piper Cub was first released, and have been using it in P3D soon after version 2.0 was released.  I added their C172 in January and just purchase the new Piper Cherokee yesterday. So far I've only flown it for a couple of hours so far, but I've had a couple of excellent first flights..

My only complaint is that the Cherokee's landing light doesn't even illuminate the scenery, so it is next to impossible to land at unlit runways at night (or to even taxi at smaller runways.  My concern is that A2A's P3D2 aircraft appear to be just FSX versions with a P3D2 installer . . . while they are charging more for the "Professional" version, which I personally feel is wrong.  If you're going to market an aircraft as a P3D2 version, shouldn't things like lights actually work?  [i get that A2A is blaming this on a bug in P3D, but P3D's default aircraft's lights still work in v.2.2.]

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

My only complaint is that the Cherokee's landing light doesn't even illuminate the scenery, so it is next to impossible to land at unlit runways at night (or to even taxi at smaller runways.

HA! Just like the real airplane! Sorry, I have memories of night taxiing in a PA-150 at KEEN to keep night currency and thinking...'whoa, it's not a Skyhawk..." Having trained in 172's I was spoiled by the excellent taxi/landing lights, then to move to a Warrior was a wee bit scary (at night).   

Anyway, I have noticed some light issues too...the beacon I think was out, even though switched ON. And that whole PRO version pricing...ugh. 

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Hello,

Thanks for the comments guys the simulations are being really well received and its great to see simmers experience the same software used in flight training that would normally cost a lot more just for the time you are on it.

the P3D aircraft are P3D native aircraft and wont work in FSX or other platforms. The lighting for the beacon etc is a bug recognized by Lockheed and we are told is fixed in the next version of the platform. In the meantime you can use the reload user object key to reload just the users aircraft and fix the issue.

thanks,

Lewis

Lewis - A2A Simulations

For those of you confused, angry, or upset about A2A's pricing structure, check out this link to a thread on their forums that discusses the pricing/licenses. 

Jared Listinsky

Hello,

Thanks for the comments guys the simulations are being really well received and its great to see simmers experience the same software used in flight training that would normally cost a lot more just for the time you are on it.

the P3D aircraft are P3D native aircraft and wont work in FSX or other platforms. The lighting for the beacon etc is a bug recognized by Lockheed and we are told is fixed in the next version of the platform. In the meantime you can use the reload user object key to reload just the users aircraft and fix the issue.

thanks,

Lewis

Good to hear that bug will be fixed.

Is 2.3 coming this Summer sometime or further out? (Anyone know?)

But is that just because the installer is for P3D2?  If I'm wrong about this, then please explain what it is that makes them 'Native.'

I used the FSX version of the C172 in P3D2, before the P3D2 version was released; and there is zero difference between the two version (in P3D) . . . even down to the beacon light not working in both versions (until you reload the aircraft).  Even the wear/condition data for the P3D versions are stored in the Documents\A2A\FSX\ folder.

For those of you confused, angry, or upset about A2A's pricing structure, check out this link to a thread on their forums that discusses the pricing/licenses.

From the above link:

It’s not just the product, it’s the license of how it can be used. Look at the Lockheed Martin website here:

http://www.prepar3d.com/product-overview/prepar3d-license-comparison/

The difference between the $60 Academic and $200 Professional is how it is being used. A casual user who flies FSX twice a week is very different to flight school that runs all day, seven days a week.

Also, I just want to put into clear perspective how below the norm our commercial pricing is. As a rule, you can add a “0” at the end of a price for a commercial client, and the reason is the demands from a commercial client are much higher. We priced our commercial licenses this low because we’re looking for volume.

The additional business has allowed us to invest more into the product, as seen with our up and coming Cherokee and new v.2.0 core update. And all that comes at no extra cost to our core community that stays on the low end of the fee schedule and only those using the professional end of the fee schedule will be paying hard money for that fee.

This is all good stuff,

Scott.

A2A Simulations Inc.

How many owners of the Professional version of P3D2 here are running a flight school? The problem with charging more for aircraft for the P3D2 Professional version is that most individuals who own that version are actually "casual users" (as opposed to owners of flight schools).

~ Arwen ~

I fsx a2a 172 and attempted to install in p3d using migration upgraded version, then opened p3d and a2a172 not in livery. Any suggestions?

How many owners of the Professional version of P3D2 here are running a flight school? The problem with charging more for aircraft for the P3D2 Professional version is that most individuals who own that version are actually "casual users" (as opposed to owners of flight schools).

Because of this difference (LM versus A2A) in their EULA descriptions I opted for the Academic version although I have the Professional P3D and it works just fine, except for the lights this is :)

Sorry to hear that you didn't.

Because of this difference (LM versus A2A) in their EULA descriptions I opted for the Academic version although I have the Professional P3D and it works just fine, except for the lights this is :)

Sorry to hear that you didn't.

Thanks, but I also bought the "Academic" versions of their P3D2 aircraft, since I'm not a pilot, an aviation professional, nor do I have a professional interest in aviation. Flightsims are just a hobby of mine (but I'm very careful not to be 'entertained' by P3D . . . I use MS Fight for entertainment. :) )

I still feel that it was misleading for A2A to release 'Academic" and 'Professional' versions of their P3D2 aircraft, because most users assume that you have to purchase the same version as your P3D version. But if you look closely at A2A's Academic EULA, you'll notice that is it basically a copy of LM's Academic EULA, but they removed LM's definition of 'Academic from section "12. Definitions."

~ Arwen ~

because most users assume that you have to purchase the same version as your P3D version.

I'm pretty sure Scott or Lewis said that you "want" to get the same licence as your Prepar3D licence in the A2A forums. I'll check again, but did they say otherwise anywhere?

if you look closely at A2A's Academic EULA, you'll notice that is it basically a copy of LM's Academic EULA, but they removed LM's definition of 'Academic from section "12. Definitions."

Which surely makes the A2A's Academic EULA a bit  ...err... "academic "?