Sign in to follow this  
Sportsfan23

Entering flight plan manually and QW 757 question

The entering flight plan manually is more a general question about how it should be done correctly. I've tried in the past but for some reason I can't seem to figure out what the issue is wit what I am putting into the FMC. 

Some of the PFPX instructions I can understand. Like I get what are the high altitude airways and stuff those I get but there are times where it says DCT and then more way points after it but I can't figure out what DCT means. 

Also when there are tons of way points does each one need to be entered or if you are going to be flying along the same airway over multiple waypoints can you just enter the first and last and it will fill in the rest or do you still need to enter each one manually? 

My QW 757 question is I have been trying to use the QWPAS system which is cool but for some reason whenever I am flying using the new United livery the default QW safety message plays. I have installed the QWPAS for United 2012 but it doesn't seem to work with the new United livery. However when I installed the Continental QWPAS it worked with the new United livery. 

Is there a way I change it so I get the United 2012 to play with the updated United livery plane? 

In the aircraft.cfg, make sure the airline gate code, I believe it is, reads UAL and the WAV file for the announcement is in a UAL folder.that is located in the QWPAS folder. Instructions are available in the manual.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

DCT means DIRECT. In other words - no airway between two fixes.

It's really easy to enter route manually in boeing. Just set origin and destination airport, go to page 2 and enter waypoints and airways one after another. You do not have to enter all fixes on the same airway. Actually you can just enter first fix, then all airways, and last fix, and FMC should populate intersecting fixes automatically.

In the aircraft.cfg, make sure the airline gate code, I believe it is, reads UAL and the WAV file for the announcement is in a UAL folder.that is located in the QWPAS folder. Instructions are available in the manual.

Yea it was not updated. I also didn't realize the flight sim entries were all at the bottom of the cfg. Never seen that before. Thank you. 

Also when there are tons of way points does each one need to be entered or if you are going to be flying along the same airway over multiple waypoints can you just enter the first and last and it will fill in the rest or do you still need to enter each one manually?

If you are using an actual airline route, you can go to Flightaware (and other sites) and get he actual plan they use.

If you are using the FSX flight planner and selecting 'high altitude airways', you will get a lot of stuff you really dont need, they add 'reporting points' which in FSX is useless. The easy way is to select the 'VOR to VOR' option and you wont see the intersections or reporting points.

You can also load the flight plan directly into the FMC and not manually enter it to save time.

Jay

Yea it was not updated. I also didn't realize the flight sim entries were all at the bottom of the cfg. Never seen that before. Thank you. 

You have to understand that with these automatic installers, such as the livery manager for the 757 or even the World of AI installers, it's not possible to put the entries at the top since the system has no way of knowing that there's anything below the entries, so it puts it at the bottom to avoid overwriting anything below it, which is critical because you don't want to wipe out entries that would affect the way the plane flies. In manual installations, you just copy and paste entries on your own, so you, the human in command of the computer, can make sure nothing gets overwritten.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

If you are using an actual airline route, you can go to Flightaware (and other sites) and get he actual plan they use.

If you are using the FSX flight planner and selecting 'high altitude airways', you will get a lot of stuff you really dont need, they add 'reporting points' which in FSX is useless. The easy way is to select the 'VOR to VOR' option and you wont see the intersections or reporting points.

You can also load the flight plan directly into the FMC and not manually enter it to save time.

That is basically what I realized I could do with PFPX. I have found it much more fun to fly a real route and then just have PFPX "correct" it or whatever it does when it builds the route I pick. Yea it is much easier to just export the route but I realized if I want to use the QWPAS system you have to use a flight plan loaded from the FSX flight planner or enter it manually. 

I did just do a successful flight however when entering the flight plan I ran into a issue.

This was the route I flew. KCLT- ZAVER2 BNA DCT KF33E DCT IRW DCT PNH J6 ZUN EAGUL5-KPHX. Now maybe I misunderstood what to actually enter but I thought I had to add the first and last way point of an airway. So during the J6 portion there are 3 waypoints. TCC-ABQ-ZUN obviously ZUN is the last one before entering the STAR. So I entered J6-TCC and then tried to enter ZUN but ZUN just overwrote TCC so ZUN was the way point and the other 2 were not in the flight plan. Is that how it is supposed to work or did I mess something up? 

Is that a route you created or an actual route you got from a site?

Jay

This was the route I flew. KCLT- ZAVER2 BNA DCT KF33E DCT IRW DCT PNH J6 ZUN EAGUL5-KPHX.

1.enter KCLT into RTE page origin airport. 

2.enter KPHX into RTE page destination airport

3.pres DEP ARR button at CDU, go to KCLT DEP page and select runway and ZAVER2 departure

4.back to RTE > go to page 2.

5.ZAVER2 should be populated automaticaly into your route.

6.enter BNA (if it's not already loaded with departure), then KF33E,  then IRW, and then PNH one by one at the right side (waypoints) of CDU. DCT in between waypoints means that there is no airway between them, and the routing is DIRECT.

7.Enter J6 into next available row at the left side of cdu.

8.enter ZUN at the opposite side of J6

9.Go to DEP ARR page again, and select KPHX APP. Select runway and EAGUL5 arrival. You can skip this step if you want to leave arrival open and populate it inflight.

10.Go back to RTE and activate route.

Is that a route you created or an actual route you got from a site?

I got that from flight aware and then PFPX rebuilt it or whatever it does when you give it a route. 

1.enter KCLT into RTE page origin airport. 

2.enter KPHX into RTE page destination airport

3.pres DEP ARR button at CDU, go to KCLT DEP page and select runway and ZAVER2 departure

4.back to RTE > go to page 2.

5.ZAVER2 should be populated automaticaly into your route.

6.enter BNA (if it's not already loaded with departure), then KF33E,  then IRW, and then PNH one by one at the right side (waypoints) of CDU. DCT in between waypoints means that there is no airway between them, and the routing is DIRECT.

7.Enter J6 into next available row at the left side of cdu.

8.enter ZUN at the opposite side of J6

9.Go to DEP ARR page again, and select KPHX APP. Select runway and EAGUL5 arrival. You can skip this step if you want to leave arrival open and populate it inflight.

10.Go back to RTE and activate route.

Yea I didn't realize I had to only put the last way point for the J6 segment. Thank you for the step by step process very helpful. 

Were you able to save after all the routes you put in ???  I've tried 3 different flt plans and none of them are saved....  Thinking I should

go back to fs9 and FS Navigator, at least I know they work !!!