Sign in to follow this  
graemeb

Fokker 50 - aircraft and panels

Guest DonaldS

I'm posting this message trying to "catch up" on this aircraft. I say this because I am a "Johnny come lately" to the Fokker 50 by Dreamwings flight sim aircraft.1. Fokker 50 Aircraft: I downloaded and installed the Dreamwings Fokker 50. After doing so I discovered that it did not have a panel. ( I told you I was a "Johnny come lately" !!)2. Fokker 50 Panel: A search in the AVSIM library uncovered some panels and I ended up downloading the Espen Oijordsbakken version v3.0 and its' update - v3.4cAre you still with me? (grin)I installed v3.0 of the panel and then updated it for FS2004 by installing the v3.4 update. Is that the way to do it properly?QUESTIONS:The panel has no side windows, right? It is perfectly okay IF it does not. I am merely checking to see if I installed in correctly because mine does not.Where may I - or maybe I should as, is there some sort of operator's manual for the panel? I am fairly conversant with Flight Sim panels and start up procedures and so forth, but this one has me completely lost.I hve been CTD every once in awhile during my "learning curve" sessions with this aircraft and panel. No biggie.Any answers, comments, will be greatly appreciated.Regards,Don S

Don,I use the Fokker 50 with Espen's panel and it sounds like you have done everything OK. The website is: http://www.fokker50.com/ but it is rarely updated.There was an update with a NMS (like a simple FMC) addition released on the forum: http://forums.fseurope.net/forumdisplay.php?f=40There are no side cockpit views unfortunately.Good luck!

Graeme Butler

Guest DonaldS

Thanks for the response, I appreciate it.I gave up on the Fokker 50 because the panel kept causing CTD.I wonder if it's possible to install some other panel in it instead of the v50v30.zip and ev50v34c.zip that everyone recommended so highly?Just curious,Don S

I have the latest version:http://www.fokker50.com/f50v35b4.zipYou must install this over v3.4. I have no problems with it on my system (WinXP Pro/FS9.1). Try posting your questions on the Fokker 50 forum, and someone might jump in to assist.

Graeme Butler

Guest Dasher7

I always got and get CTD's with this aircraft, which saddens me alot.Just offhand, you who get CTD's, what is your chipset?I'm a musician who record at home and found out that VIA simply cannot seem to produce hardware optimized for sound production and lotsa other things with sound. I suspect there is smth with the otherwise wonderful sound in that panel.I know this sounds farfetched, but please go with me here...SO.DO YOU HAVE CTD's with Esben's panel?If yes, who made your chipset?-Halfdan