G'day guys,

I have been using my saitek rudder pedals for the past 4.5 years now with no issues. After 2 months off the sim due to school work, I came back to find that my left toe brake would always stick on.

What happens is that whenever the rudder axis is in the left half, it causes my left toe brake axis to stick completely on. However, when the rudder is the right half, the left toe brake axis works fine.

Why this tells me is that the pot is still working, and it seems like the rudder axis is somehow interfering with the left toe brake axis. Again I'm not completely sure.

It was working fine before I had my break. I didn't touch it at all for the 2 months, which is why I'm puzzled as to why it isn't working now.

Let me know if you have any ideas.

Cheers,

Ollie

Oliver Benton

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Not sure on this one but might want to take screenshot in controls menu so  I can compare it to mine - might help.

Rich Sennett

Here are my rudder pedals when centered:

Rudderpedalscentre_zpse662f333.png

Here are my rudder pedals when pressed left:

Rudderpedalsleft_zps406b6252.png

And here they are when pressed right:

Rudderpedalsright_zps256df8f6.png

Hope this is what you wanted. Also just to let you know I wasn't applying any toe brakes myself.

Cheers

Oliver Benton

Yikes Oliver that driver not needed, just use flight simulator its self - driver may have been hosed by some other software - let me take some shots in sim to show you - be back with screenshots - I would uninstall that driver and let sim do it

Here you go should be something like this

2gy0jfq.jpg

29118uc.jpg

1zqghut.jpg

Rich Sennett

This isn't a driver, just the bob-standard properties of the rudder pedals found under "devices and printers." I haven't installed any driver for the rudder pedals.

The calibration window within FSX shows pretty much the same thing.

Oliver Benton

Ah never noticed that - just checked and its here also - try plugging it into another usb port are you using a saitek yoke - I have a powered saitek cessna which has power and I put my pedals in one of those usb ports

Rich Sennett

OK- i have tried switching USB ports, tried those setting you posted before, however nothing has worked. Still the same left toe brake issue.

Oliver Benton

Thanks for those links, couldn't find anything of much use.

Tried plugging it into another computer to see if that would help fix the issues, still the exact same problems.

This really has me stumped. How can it work perfectly for 5 years, and then when I don't use it for a month and a half it stops working? I just don't get it.

I found a similar topic from 2 years ago, and he worked out that his pot had stopped working. The differences is that his left toe brake was stuck on through all of the rudder range, unlike mine which still works when the rudder is turned to the right.

I might try and replace the pot and see if that works. Otherwise I think buying a new set seems to be the only option.

Oliver Benton