Sign in to follow this  
Mike S KPDX

Anyone have the new Pacific Northwest Scenery?

As I live in Portland OR, I am very curious as to how the Portland area is shown. Also, would like to know what the 'dividing line' is like between the default and the NWP addon.I fly south from Portland a lot and was just curious, I have not seen any screenshots for this area and the transitions.Anyone care to post some shots? There are several of us that would much appreciate it:-)

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

No Portland. The transition between default and Mega consists of a sharp line where FS switches over to default textures.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

thanks guys, too bad I dont live in Seattle.the map of the coverage area implies portland and the willamette river, appears to cut off at around aurora or that area.

Their coverage "map" isn't very detailed. Wish they'd show it on a chart instead. Anyway, I think you're confusing the Columbia River with Riffe Lake on their map. The Columbia River is marked on their map and is shown in the lower-left corner of the image.It's still worth getting if you're into VFR flying though (I have Socal and Norcal and waiting for PNW to arrive).

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

ya I guess your right. I saw the Columbia and followed it around quickly and it looked like it hooked around into the Camus area. I see know that what I thought was Camus is actually (I assume) Kelso Longview area.Dang, I dont know, still thinking, to those that own it, do you find yourself crossing the default/PNW border much? Can the whole thing be shut off (ie. scenery menu)?its either this or Misty Fiords (sp?)thanks

Ya'know, I went and checked out the pics and browsed the site. It looks really good, BUT I am a low, VFR flyer and the pic at Boeing field looks like there is no building autogen, just the photo textures, is this correct? If so no wonder they claim it is faster than the default, LOL. I have to have a 3D environment.I remember my VA partner getting the LA/westcoast area one and being all excited that he could see his home in the scenery, but in the shots he sent me, I was surprised at how blurry, grainy it looked close up, has that gotten better?Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest secks

From what I've read, they do incorporate autogen into the scenery, but it isn't much. My problem with Megascenery is that whenever I fly anything which moves at a decent clip (200+ knots), the texture reloads refuse to keep up. I have an AthlonXP 2400 and 1 gig of ram so I figure it's just an FS issue.