Sign in to follow this  
Lashrathius

Will Aero affect performance?

Lol amazes me  that my post 8  got  a dislike for just installing  this helpful tip that the op has posted.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Lol amazes me  that my post 8  got  a dislike for just installing  this helpful tip that the op has posted.

Don't take any notice Pete. It is user "StubbinMyToe" who also dislikes any post I make. The guy claims to be in his 50's but acts like an 8 year old. He is a stalker, of the internet variety.

Maybe the mods might remove the ability for him to vote a post, if he continues.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Affinity mask 15 on a quad core is the same as not having affinity mask at all,  as it has all cores selected. Its teh default setting.

Affinity mask 15 on a quad core is the same as not having affinity mask at all,  as it has all cores selected. Its teh default setting.

This what all the guru's in P3D2 and DX10 are saying to use now.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

This what all the guru's in P3D2 and DX10 are saying to use now.

Yes, because p3d is different and LM set it to use only core 1,2 and 3 meaning af=15 forces p3d to use core 0 as well.

Shouldn' it be 254

With HT on

Yes, because p3d is different and LM set it to use only core 1,2 and 3 meaning af=15 forces p3d to use core 0 as well.

Ok, cheers Glenn. I am no expert on these things. I always had it set @14. I have been using @15 for the last week and having very smooth sim, including heavy areas ( In DX10 ).

As I only run FSX  on my fsx machine and everything else on a laptop,  do I benefit from using all cores ?

This is one of the greatest FSX tweaks I've found. Thanks to the OP for posting and for everyone's input.

Finding no problems here in the sim and less graphical glitches in the windows gui while FSX is running. Plus FSX looks really nice now in windowed mode. Talk about a fresh coat of paint.