Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Track IR 5 and X-Plane 10....

On my 50th anniversary a friend sent me his TIR5, which he claimed wasn't using for quite a long while.

For me, TIR turned out to be the day from the night when it comes to online MP air combats in IL2 BoS, and also in DCS and Rise of Flight, but I soon found that it also worked beautifully with CondorSoaring and X-Plane, although in XP10 I can get "out" of the cockpit limits using TIR.

Any available worth the try profiles for TIR5 and XP10?  I am using it without any other pluggin in between. Is any pluggin required for a better experience?

Any suggestions really appreciated :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

When using Pilot view turn off Track IR in x-plane options menu.

Trevor Golding

Where can we get pilot view?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ok, I'll get Pilot View!

Thx for the precious info!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I searched for pilot view.... I'm not sure which link it is...

Is it this?

Pilot View adaptation updated for EADT x737

Ok I think it I found it here:

http://www.xpluginsdk.org/pilot_view.htm

It looks complex from skimming the manual.  What's the fastest user-friendly way to get it working?  I'm using Track IR 5 with a custom profile.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

So I got that running.  Jerky as all heck....  Plus it apparently won't work if you go outside the cockpit - you have to reenable it?

My custom Tir5 profile is a lot better in the smoothness department.  But mine doesn't let me rotate my head and I easily go outside the cockpit...

Anyone made a custom profile for this pilotview thing they can share?  I typically fly GA planes in XP.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Not yet, but I am using the same I use for IL2 Sturmovik and DCS, and Condor. It's called "Requiem 6 DOF".

Main Simulation Rig:

I use it all the time, but you can go outside the cockpit.  Just make sure you have a convenient button to program for your "center" function and you will be ok.

I tried Pilot View - too complicated!

John

John Wingold

I was thinking about getting TIR5. Does it not work correctly in Xplane-10 ? Why do you need a plugin ?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Actually I find it to work correctly, even with any of the default profiles that are installed with the 5.2.2 version of the software.

I am using a profile I downloaded for IL2 Battle of Stalingrad and Rise of Flight, and I have another one for DCS World. All of these also suite X-Plane 10, and Condorsoaring perfectly.

There is really no problem with the fact of being able to transpose the limits of the cabin to the outside, and, although not realistic, can be fun and useful, specially for taking shots :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

I installed X-plane 10 US Community edition right out of the box and TIR5 was working OK.

But after updating to 10.25 after online check TIR5 does not work any more even though it is checked/enabled in the settings -> equipment.

I can use mouse right double click to move around.\

I have tried updating TIR5 to the latest drivers, games updates etc, tried run as admin (both Xplane and TIR5), SHIFT+0, CTR+0 etc etc..

What am i missing here? Thanks!

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

I installed X-plane 10 US Community edition right out of the box and TIR5 was working OK.

But after updating to 10.25 after online check TIR5 does not work any more even though it is checked/enabled in the settings -> equipment.

I can use mouse right double click to move around.\

I have tried updating TIR5 to the latest drivers, games updates etc, tried run as admin (both Xplane and TIR5), SHIFT+0, CTR+0 etc etc..

What am i missing here? Thanks!

TrackIR should be running before you start XPX. This is the only thing I can think of as mine was working fine with 10.25 and works correctly with 10.30.3