Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Track IR 5 and X-Plane 10....

Well! I finally went out and got myself one of these things wife's refer to as "silly hats" only hope it works for me with XPX and Aerofly.

Well! I finally went out and got myself one of these things wife's refer to as "silly hats" only hope it works for me with XPX and Aerofly.

You definitely won't regret it. I can't imagine ever not using it now :smile:

Yeah TrackIR is great, especially if you are doing heli flights, it really increases your situational awareness, plus you can do things like this; some people don't like the fact that you can look outside the cockpit but I think it's a plus. This is from 10.30b3 so keep at it avhpilot, you will get on top of it.

486a68ff0fbfa53c00f72a31.jpg

7ebb879f55dc78ea4e54becf.jpg

My trackIR works with FSX (as always) on the same computer and i have tried starting TIR first , then XPX it doesn't solve the problem.

One thing i did notice that when it was working in version 10.0? i had two 3D-cockpit views under the menu (views) whereas now i only have one with 10.25.

I have compared that with screenshots from other 10.25 users and that is like it should be.

I only noticed the difference from the ols 10.0? version and my guess is it may have something to do with this issue.

Where can i find more information on this? I am really trying to put some effort in converting to XPX after having used FSX for 100 years or so ... but this would really be a no-go if it cannot be solved.

Thanks!

P.S.  also have 3 monitors attached to a Matrox TripleHead en also enabled that in the settings.

I installed PilotView and when looking under menu -> plugins i can see that both TrackIR options (enble/disable) are both greyed out.

It does not matter if i uncheck/check) TrackIR under the general settings (equipment)

It seems as if XPX simply doesnot detect TIR

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

Really it has only just dawned on me having read that, that my TIR never works off the bat, I have to start it through the pilot view plugin. Never thought to check out why because it works that way.

I have never had a problem with TrackIR 5 in XPX.  I just turned it on under the "joystick" settings and it works.  Pilot View was tried but quickly taken away because of its complexity.  Sometimes, in some aircraft, the ability to "look outside" comes in handy for opening doors, etc.  

I usually tweak some of the movements, but it works pretty well "out of the box".  Sometimes seeing the upper panels requires a little adjustment.  

I really find XPX not to suit me when I forget to turn on TrackIR before starting, which means I would hate to fly without it.

John

John Wingold

I have never had a problem with TrackIR 5 in XPX. I just turned it on under the "joystick" settings and it works.

Same here John, I start it before running X-Plane and it works fine. I have not installed pilotview, so I cannot comment on it. The plugin might be having problems with 10.30.3 maybe?

I tried Pilot View before any of the betas started being released.  Not saying it couldn't or wouldn't work, but, after several frustrating hours, I deleted it.  I had rather spend my time on WED!

Besides, I don't have any fiddling with other stuff to do like I did with FSX and P3D, which require constant configuration adjustments.  Just pure, smooth flying!

John

John Wingold

I tried Pilot View before any of the betas started being released. Not saying it couldn't or wouldn't work, but, after several frustrating hours, I deleted it. I had rather spend my time on WED!

Besides, I don't have any fiddling with other stuff to do like I did with FSX and P3D, which require constant configuration adjustments. Just pure, smooth flying!

John

There is no fiddling with pilot view, you just install it in the plugins and you are good to go. You use the trackir software to do any adjustments.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

I have TrackIR 5 and use it on X-Plane on both Windows and Mac OS X. I much prefer the experience in Windows, as it's more stable and smoother, and simply easier to use and setup. On Mac OS X, it seems a little unstable and jumpy but it's perfectly usable with the plugin.

You definitely won't regret it. I can't imagine ever not using it now :smile:

You are so so right!! after test driving it for the last few days I have not encounter any issues and it work great from the start. I should have gotten it years age.  :lol:

Problem is solved with TrackIR.

It was my own mistake apparently. the solution was SHIFT+9

i had been reading to try either SHIFT+0 or CTRL+0 but i only noticed later that the list of assignable buttons in the setup page can be scrolled down,

It takes some getting used to a less user-friendly interface but once you get there there seems to be a lot more to be done than in FSX.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

Another potential option is to try TrackIR with X-Camera. I wrote this plugin to be an X-Plane version of EZdok EZCA for thos of us FSX fans who are converting to X-Plane. I was using PilotView, which is a great plugin, but I wanted all my EZdok features. Give it a try.

https://www.stickandrudderstudios.com/x-camera/

You can also find it the download/utilities area on X-Plane.org.

If you give it a try please let us know what you think.

Thank You Mark

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick