Sign in to follow this  
Mike S KPDX

Keyhole is KOOL

Guest av84fun

For some fun and to verify the mesh/landclass you are flying, (which is what justifies this post on this forum...I hope) go to www.keyhole.com and download a free 7 day trial of their satellite photography software.What is cool is that you start out in orbit and zoom down at about Mach 20 to the spot on the planet (USA only at this time) that you have selected.Only several major metro areas are supported with their his res images but the menu is building over time.But just pick San Francisco for example and zoom down to 2000 agl then you can Tilt the image as though you were in an airplane looking out the window...not through a hole in the floor...and then you can scroll in any direction as though you were flying over that area.And NO STUTTERS or JAGGIES. (:Pretty cool.I D/Ld the "Lite" version but there is a Pro version that probably has a lot more surface coverage in high res format.Regards,Jim

Yeah this is sweet technology - I got a year subscription a few months ago - hope they add some more super hi-res cities soon...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

You think..we can build an interface to that system from FSIM 2004 and use that view on a computer monitor (front view) (and maybe even the side views on another computer)?Hmmm.... Then we don't need all those photoscenary..just use this one.:)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

agreed...actually better in a lot of ways, since I downloaded worldwind I no longer subscribe to keyhole. If both were offered as freeware I think I would still go worldwind.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

yep

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

>agreed...>>actually better in a lot of ways, since I downloaded worldwind>I no longer subscribe to keyhole. If both were offered as>freeware I think I would still go worldwind.Well, I haven't downloaded keyhole yet but I have been playing with worldwind and I am less than thrilled. Sure, USGS-1m as well as topographical maps are there but whenever I try to get colored image I either get "try server in 2 minutes" or nothing is happening at all. Despite trying major sites like for example San Francisco I am yet to see a single color picture. So maybe data availability/accessibility is still the major issue with this tool.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

>Well, I haven't downloaded keyhole yet but I have been playing>with worldwind and I am less than thrilled. Sure, USGS-1m as>well as topographical maps are there but whenever I try to get>colored image I either get "try server in 2 minutes" or>nothing is happening at all. Despite trying major sites likeDid you happen to see the big message at the top of the World Wind homepage regarding this problem?http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/Matt

Oh, thanks Matt, it is a lot better now.But I have this question - is it possible to tilt the image and obtain 3D color view - sort of what you would see when flying an airplane.. I thought keyhole gave you this option.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

>Oh, thanks Matt, it is a lot better now.>>But I have this question - is it possible to tilt the image>and obtain 3D color view - sort of what you would see when>flying an airplane.. I thought keyhole gave you this option.>>Michael J.>WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB>Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2Yes, you can tilt the view to any angle. Hold down right mouse button and move mouse to do that.Matt

Again, thanks.I don't recall having such exciting software on my PC ever.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Guest nihongo

I downloaded Keyhole and Worldwind. NorthEast Sydney on Keyhole including part of CBD is missing but it shows much more than Worldwind for aerial/sat imagery. Right?Is there something I am doing wrong for worldwind?I want to use the aerial images for making photo real terrain.Maybe I can get some tips?Any one got an opinion on this?

Guest Enzoblue

Saw keyhole being used on a local channels weather report. Was definately cool. :)