Sign in to follow this  
donkey20048

EZDOCK with 777?

Hi all

Just wondering if you think it is worth getting ezdock for 777

Is it easy to use and do you have any preset views and is it easy to select the views

I'm quite a novice when it comes to new things etc

Thanks

Stewart Cumbers

I use for the 777 and 737.  I stopped using TrackIR all the time, instead I use ezdock.  It makes it easier looking at the cdu, turning knobs, etc then have to hold you head still or hit pause.

Jared Shipley

Same deal here. I used to say I would never fly without TrackIR, since having Ezdok I only use TIR  for landing.

Rob Prest

I was looking at trackir but due to having to use my bedroom as my office for flying my desktop is on the floor and I use the tv as a monitor and while I'm on my bed I have the keyboard on my lap so don't know where I wud b able to put the trackir receiver

Stewart Cumbers

One more thing if you decide to buy it, the store has you download the 1.5 version.  There is a 1.7 version out there, just search for the update.

Jared Shipley

I bought EZDOK EZCA right at the moment I purchased FSX because I thought it would be as important as "Active Camera 2004" for FS9.

But actually the use of the "new" FSX function of switching to next/previous view inside category via the A/Shift+A function was good enough for me for the first 2 1/2 years. I did not use EZCA and was very satisfied with the "A-view-category" presets for the PMDG NGX and T7.

As I use TrackIR5 in conjunction with Nvidia-3D-Vision2 I did not miss anything in the complexity of view impressions for a long time.

Just some month ago I decided to activate EZCA for just two reasons:

More realistic ground/flight vibrations and the walkthrough camera functions for the pilot's walkaround procedure. (Would be nice to find some issues from time to time, but this would be a feature of the future...)

EZDOK EZCA is a good tool with many possibilities (learning curve required) and I can recommend it especially for those not using TrackIR, as it adds a lot of realism to the static 2D screen.

I'm a former TrackIR user who stopped using TrackIR since I got EZCA.

It's a must have IMHO for the 777 due to the complexity of the cockpit compared to GA aircrafts.

Regarding the learning curve some say it's difficult.

It depends.

With the basic features (1 hour or so maximum to learn) the views are already greatly enhanced. And for more advanced features, of course you need to invest more time.

Personally I only use the basic features and it's already a leap forward.

- TONY -