Sign in to follow this  
GEC777F

Businessjets - are you interested?

Businessjets PMDG-Style  

356 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in a Businessjet with PMDG Level systemsimulation and graphics?

PMDG says there is no marked for Businessjets. Really? My opinion is that they are awsome!! :wub:

What do you think?

Paul Ziegler

Not that they are boring. PMDG knows there's a limited market. In other words, Business jets are just not worth the development for the sales they may see.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

There are other developers working on business jets. Waiting for XLS+ .

PMDG has different product line, no space for that small and funny aircraft.

I think the poll would make more sense without the extra descriptions. "No, they are boring" does not cover all the reasons why someone might vote no.  Best just to leave it at "No". You can put your detailed opinion in a post in the thread.

Same goes for "Yes, every kind of Business Jet". what if you don't like every kind of business jet but still think some are worthy of PMDG's attention?

So I cant vote, because the options are too specific.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I think the poll would make more sense without the extra descriptions. "No, they are boring" does not cover all the reasons why someone might vote no.  Best just to leave it at "No". You can put your detailed opinion in a post in the thread.

Same goes for "Yes, every kind of Business Jet". what if you don't like every kind of business jet but still think some are worthy of PMDG's attention?

So I cant vote, because the options are too specific.

Thanks for replying. I changed the Options from "No-They are boring" to "No" and from "Yes-every kind of Businessjet" to "Yes". Everybody who already voted "Yes-every kind of Businessjet" should also fit to "Yes" and the same to the "No" Option. I hope nobody thinks his Vote gets manipulated with the little change.

Paul Ziegler

Thanks for replying. I changed the Options from "No-They are boring" to "No" and from "Yes-every kind of Businessjet" to "Yes". Everybody who already voted "Yes-every kind of Businessjet" should also fit to "Yes" and the same to the "No" Option. I hope nobody thinks his Vote gets manipulated with the little change.

Paul Ziegler

Thanks Paul. It makes more sense. I can now vote No with a clear conscience as I don't find Biz Jets boring, far from it, but I don't think PMDG should make them.

I'd love to see a good classic Learjet or Falcon 20 in FSX. I'm not really interested in the latest ones. A Gulfstream would be very nice but IIRC they will not cooperate with hobby sim developers.

There are a few good biz jet sims out there, but they usually are the fastest or longest range versions (two Citation X sims for example) which misses out on some more interesting types. Flight 1 did an excellent Citation Mustang sim which I fly occasionally.

ki9cAAb.jpg

To those wanting a Gulfstream sim: it's not going to happen. Gulfstream pretty literally stated they will sue the @££es of every add-on developer making a Gulfstream product. So that one is pretty much out of question.

Also, this poll won't be representative. There's no way the entire target market for PMDG is represented in sufficient numbers in this sub forum.

An example: a same kind of poll was started about an MD-11 renewal. Sure WE would like to see that, but the sales figures PMDG has, counter the appearance in that poll that the target audience is all for an MD-11 v2. Please keep this in mind: when the original MD-11 came out, it was a lot more common to see one at one's local airport than it is today. If anything, v1 would've sold better than v2 probably ever will.

The same story goes for business jets. WE might like 'em, but the forum users here are only a small part of the audience PMDG wants to address.

I would love to see some old biz jets like a Falcon 10, Sabreliner, Lear 24...etc however I remember PMDG stating that the amount of work involved would require too much for a small niche market.  Besides there is every reason to have faith in ESDG to produce some fantastic biz jets.  I voted for the BBJ option.  The BBJ would be a nice offering from PMDG, and would require less R&D since they can simply adapt it from the current NGX.

Cheers

TJ

To those wanting a Gulfstream sim: it's not going to happen. Gulfstream pretty literally stated they will sue the @££es of every add-on developer making a Gulfstream product. So that one is pretty much out of question.

yea. I've heard that too. Sucks. Real ######s. 

Wonder why. It's not like it hurts them if some simmers would like to play around with thier aircrafts. o.O

Lionheart Creations is currently working on the steam gauged Learjet 24B. It is classic and it has nice panel and the most important to me is the easy performance. Business jet tends to give hardship to my setup. 

Gorky Max

Wonder why. It's not like it hurts them if some simmers would like to play around with thier aircrafts. o.O

My guess is that they want to protect the 'prestige" of the marque.  I don't see the point, but I also don't understand how people get all [irritated] when I take a picture of their biz jet (usually whining incessantly about the tail number being in the picture).

...apparently they missed the whole FAA requiring the tail number to be a certain size so as to be clearly visible, and the jet sitting in public space.

As far as the voting goes, i'd love a good biz jet, but I don't see it as a viable commercial option in the sim world.

Kyle Rodgers

Yes please, a business jet for me.

And yes, PMDG have responded negatively to the idea.

Quite frankly, the notion that it wouldn't make sense commercially for PMDG to develop a business jet, isn't valid in my opinion.

Why... because it's PMDG!!! And we would all buy pretty much anything PMDG develop, because arguably they are one of the best developers around, and we know we will get a superb product.

In my opinion PMDG's negative stance on this is more to do with the difficulty of obtaining the necessary documentation and data, in order to simulate a business jet to the standards they ordinarily adhere to. It's predominantly Boeing that PMDG simulate due to the relationship PMDG have with Boeing.