Sign in to follow this  
GEC777F

Businessjets - are you interested?

Businessjets PMDG-Style  

356 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in a Businessjet with PMDG Level systemsimulation and graphics?

Quite frankly, the notion that it wouldn't make sense commercially for PMDG to develop a business jet, isn't valid in my opinion.

Why... because it's PMDG!!! And we would all buy pretty much anything PMDG develop, because arguably they are one of the best developers around, and we know we will get a superb product.

Well, unfortunately PMDG is a business and they have to devote efforts to items that will help them continue to exist as a business.

The MD-11 is an awesome aircraft.  I was really stoked they were making it, and bought it nearly immediately after it came out.  Despite the "because it's PMDG" notion, the aircraft did not sell well.  This idea that "any plane sold by PMDG is going to sell like hotcakes" notion that's thrown around here may be partially true, but it's not true enough to devote resources to any idea that crosses the forum.

Sure, PMDG might sell more copies of Business Jet A than Some Other Developer, but that doesn't mean it's a viable, profitable endeavor (or endeavour for you other proper sods...  :P )

Kyle Rodgers

In my subjective, completely biased opinion....I think there might be a market for a PMDG business jet 'side project'.

Much like the Beech 1900 and DC6.....a business jet would be a niche aircraft which, if done with at least decent quality.... (Yes, I'm looking at you Carenado)... will sell. In my personal, biased opinion.....we wouldn't really need extreme systems depth if you pick the right aircraft. It wouldn't really need all the bells and whistles of the NGX and T7.....so why not pick an aircraft that doesn't have that many bells and whistles to begin with?

Hawker 800 / 800XP - Very popular business aircraft...... almost no glass. Simple systems, relatively simple FMC (Universal UNS-1B)

Learjet 35 - Still very popular around the world. Manufactured with no glass.....and you can retrofit whatever simple glass you want....Wx radar, UNS-1 FMC etc.

Challenger 601 - Quite a few still around. Very little glass...and what's there is very basic (Wx radar, UNS-1, EHSI, AI, VSI....comparatively simple to program)

And on the slightly more complex side of things:

Bombardier Global Express (Early build) - The avionics on these aircraft weren't nearly as complex as the ones being produced today....and TBH...it's one of the most beautiful aircraft in the sky (...behind every Gulfstream ever made and the Falcon 7X)....in my completely subjective, very biased opinion.

Dassault Falcon 2000 (Early Build) - Fairly simple glass as well.

None of these aircraft are fly-by-wire. In a lot of cases, the FMC and other glass displays are the plug-and-play type, installed over the original steam gauges. They've also all been around for more than 20 years (Falcon 2000 is the youngest...with a 1994 rollout), so there should be lots of info and knowledgeable people around.

I would LOVE to have a nicely done model of any of these, with at least a decent level of systems simulation that doesn't kill frames. I (personally) don't need to see hydraulic fluid-flow simulation...or working circuit breakers...or any crazy advanced failure simulation.

Also, to my knowledge there are currently no business aircraft available for FSX with Trans-Atlantic capability (except for the now-aged Feelthere Legacy 600...which can barely make a LTN-TEB run anyway).  With the exception of the upcoming Wilco Falcon 7X (which I have my doubts about), a Heavy Exec Jet from PMDG...or anyone... (even if it's lighter on systems) would be the only real entrant into that niche market.

We have lots of payware modern commercial airliners, payware historic airliners, GA piston and turboprops, payware helicopters...hell, we even have a decent Metroliner!.....but hardly any business jets? Come on.....

Cheers,

David Brown

My guess is that they want to protect the 'prestige" of the marque.  I don't see the point, but I also don't understand how people get all [irritated] when I take a picture of their biz jet (usually whining incessantly about the tail number being in the picture).

You seen the (former) Gulfstream Girl profile on Facebook? Apparently they threatened to sue if she didn't change it to something that wasn't Glufstream... I suggested Bombardier Global Express Girl, but I think she found it too long. :)

crazy stuff.

Not really too interested or bothered. I just want airliners...

You seen the (former) Gulfstream Girl profile on Facebook? Apparently they threatened to sue if she didn't change it to something that wasn't Glufstream... I suggested Bombardier Global Express Girl, but I think she found it too long. :)

crazy stuff.

She was doing a far better job indirectly marketing Gulfstream on social media than Gulfstream ever has for themselves. Absolute shame though.

Perhaps they should be more concerned with Bombardier and Falcon selling more and more Heavy Jets rather than threatening to sue people who actually like their company.....

David B

Yeah, she'd pop up every once in a while because my friends would like her posts.  I did notice the name change, though.

She was doing a far better job indirectly marketing Gulfstream on social media than Gulfstream ever has for themselves. Absolute shame though.

Perhaps they should be more concerned with Bombardier and Falcon selling more and more Heavy Jets rather than threatening to sue people who actually like their company.....

Agreed.  I really don't understand their angle.  Moreover, I don't understand how they think that their angle and generally combative stance is going to help them in any realm.

Kyle Rodgers

In my subjective, completely biased opinion....I think there might be a market for a PMDG business jet 'side project'.

Much like the Beech 1900 and DC6.....a business jet would be a niche aircraft which, if done with at least decent quality.... (Yes, I'm looking at you Carenado)... will sell. In my personal, biased opinion.....we wouldn't really need extreme systems depth if you pick the right aircraft. It wouldn't really need all the bells and whistles of the NGX and T7.....so why not pick an aircraft that doesn't have that many bells and whistles to begin with?

Hawker 800 / 800XP - Very popular business aircraft...... almost no glass. Simple systems, relatively simple FMC (Universal UNS-1B)

Learjet 35 - Still very popular around the world. Manufactured with no glass.....and you can retrofit whatever simple glass you want....Wx radar, UNS-1 FMC etc.

Challenger 601 - Quite a few still around. Very little glass...and what's there is very basic (Wx radar, UNS-1, EHSI, AI, VSI....comparatively simple to program)

And on the slightly more complex side of things:

Bombardier Global Express (Early build) - The avionics on these aircraft weren't nearly as complex as the ones being produced today....and TBH...it's one of the most beautiful aircraft in the sky (...behind every Gulfstream ever made and the Falcon 7X)....in my completely subjective, very biased opinion.

Dassault Falcon 2000 (Early Build) - Fairly simple glass as well.

None of these aircraft are fly-by-wire. In a lot of cases, the FMC and other glass displays are the plug-and-play type, installed over the original steam gauges. They've also all been around for more than 20 years (Falcon 2000 is the youngest...with a 1994 rollout), so there should be lots of info and knowledgeable people around.

I would LOVE to have a nicely done model of any of these, with at least a decent level of systems simulation that doesn't kill frames. I (personally) don't need to see hydraulic fluid-flow simulation...or working circuit breakers...or any crazy advanced failure simulation.

Also, to my knowledge there are currently no business aircraft available for FSX with Trans-Atlantic capability (except for the now-aged Feelthere Legacy 600...which can barely make a LTN-TEB run anyway).  With the exception of the upcoming Wilco Falcon 7X (which I have my doubts about), a Heavy Exec Jet from PMDG...or anyone... (even if it's lighter on systems) would be the only real entrant into that niche market.

We have lots of payware modern commercial airliners, payware historic airliners, GA piston and turboprops, payware helicopters...hell, we even have a decent Metroliner!.....but hardly any business jets? Come on.....

Cheers,

David Brown

I agree with you, i think there is a market for busniessjets, especially when they are well done :wink:. The survey i started with this shows the same: It's just one day and only 124 voters until now, but the big numbers aren't changeing. The market is smaller than the market of an airliner like the 737, that's true but more than 60% are interested in a bizjet. Furthermore I think the majorety of the voters are PMDG-Users. There may be more Useres who would buy such a bizjet, not having a look at the PMDG Forum frequently.

I don't need one of these Garmin1000  Cockpits too (they are very FPS-Unfriendly!). But the Cockpit of a Cessna Citation XLS+ for example looks cool and it's a nice aircraft at all. Maybe  there will be such a nice Bizjet in the future, looking forward!

(I hope Wilco will manage there Falcon7X Version and it will be a bugless, flyable, nice aircraft, let's hope, we will see.)

Paul Ziegler

Well if the XLS is what you want Eaglesoft is working on one

But the Cockpit of a Cessna Citation XLS+ for example looks cool and it's a nice aircraft at all.

Eaglesoft is working on an XLS....which I'm pretty excited for.

They are the only developer who really put any effort into bizjets... though it's been quite some time since their last release. 

crazy stuff.

Did she finally go to jail?

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Pretty sure she's Global Girl now.

huh?  :huh:

I'd like to see a Gulfstream Package as well as some of the Global Express packages. Probably GIV-G650 if it were me. I know it is a lot, but I think the market resides with the big jets.

Kyle

I'd like to see a Gulfstream Package as well as some of the Global Express packages. Probably GIV-G650 if it were me. I know it is a lot, but I think the market resides with the big jets

Unless something major happens, you're never going to see a G-anything in Flight Sim.

Kyle Rodgers

you're never going to see a G-anything in Flight Sim

G-lobal?  :ph34r:

I just want to climb into a big bizjet and do YYZ-LTN...or LBG..or NCE.......and for nearly a decade that's been too much to ask in FSX.

David B